Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrinkles!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UndisputedSuitorOfRepute View Post
    Just to clarify, does this help get wrinkles out while ironing, or help keep wrinkles out through wear? I have a pretty solid steam iron, it presses them out, but by the time I'm tucked and packed for work I'm wrinkly, and after my first meeting or two its very noticeable.

Thanks!
    While ironing. Not sure (I don't think?) if it will help keep wrinkles out through wears...
    Weird that it becomes wrinkly right away. BTW, which fabric?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    While ironing. Not sure (I don't think?) if it will help keep wrinkles out through wears...
    Weird that it becomes wrinkly right away. BTW, which fabric?
    This is my biggest offender: http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...wntree_gingham

This one to a much lesser extent: http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc..._stripe___120s

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I have the same experience with my S&M shirts also. I have always found the issues of 100% cotton shirts and wrinkles confusing. Most of the people on this forum are as OCD if not more OCD than me and will get every piece of clothing tailored to perfection, but they vow to only wear 100% cotton or linen shirts that are must iron and in my experience almost all of those get wrinkles. I personally go back and forth, I have some non-iron Stafford, Nordstrom and BR shirts that I really like and I love the fact that they do not wrinkle. I also have some S&M, Natty and Proper Cloth MTM shirts where the fabric is nice / soft and the fit is awesome but wrinkles (mostly in the sleeves for me) drive me bonkers (again a little OCD - YES) and it really surprises me more of the people on this forum are not in the same boat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I've found that wearing shirt stays helps a lot with this issue, particularly in the areas you mentioned.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UndisputedSuitorOfRepute View Post
    Any suggestions? I can't do CT, the amount of tailoring to get them to fit me is crazy. I have a wide chest to waist taper and big arms, but I'm only 5'9, so I perpetually have issues with fit Size wise I fit very nicely (with darts) in a S&M contemporary fit 15.5, or a slim fit 16 neck. I used to love the banana republic TSF, but I'm trying to solve the overheating, haha. 99 problems.
    Perhaps get a different tailor or you don't fit into those two different sizes as well as you think? Wrinkling in the chest would mean (to me) that there is excess fabric to move and crease in that area. I am not a tailor and i do not play one on TV but with such a strong taper you may need something slightly more involved (or more precise) then a dart to take the waist in further.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Since you like S&M have you tried their custom shirts? Sounds like it might be up your alley if you are paying a tailor afterwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi! Wrinkles are sometimes annoying specially when we are heading in our workplace or meetings. But the remedy to this is, spray water on your shirt and leave it for 5 minutes. After that on a normal temperature, iron it, wrinkles will be gone. Another option can be using starch, but this might fade the color.
    Good luck mate!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhinav Seth View Post
    Hi! Wrinkles are sometimes annoying specially when we are heading in our workplace or meetings. But the remedy to this is, spray water on your shirt and leave it for 5 minutes. After that on a normal temperature, iron it, wrinkles will be gone. Another option can be using starch, but this might fade the color.
    Good luck mate!
    At the risk of speaking for the OP, his question is not about wrinkles BEFORE wearing, its about the cause and solution for wrinkles DURING wearing. In other words, his dress shirts which went on unwrinkled become wrinkled quicker than appears to be normal.