Thread: Looking for 5-pocket pants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Looking for 5-pocket pants

Help. I am hoping someone here might have a suggestion on where to find decent 5-pocket pants. I work on a college campus so can dress somewhat casual so I like 5 pocket pants. Not denim. 100% cotton. Slim. Lightweight, if possible as I live in a pretty warm climate.

I have tried dockers and did not like the material. I have tried these from Old Navy (http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=204108022) and while they are very soft and comfortable, the material crinkles when you walk which I find bothersome. I guess because they are rather cheap?

I have looked at some standard places, J. Crew, Banana Republic, Gap and have not had much luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    Try Levi's. 501, 505, 508, 511, 513, 541... depending on the kind of fit you want. Most of their styles are currently offered in a few non-denim twill fabrics. See e.g. "timberwolf," "graphite," and "monk's robe" here: http://www.amazon.com/Levis-Athletic...s+athletic+fit
    Ben

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    644 Post(s)
    dockers i think makes something like 60 different models, you may want to look around at them a whole lot more. they're hard to beat for the price.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    I do like some of the Levi's offerings, especially 511s. Another brand I like is Massimo Dutti, but they can fit pretty slim (weren't always like that):

I've also had luck with Mango Men:

and GAP, although I don't think they are doing much in non-denim 5 pockets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I will swear by Levis 541s. Lots of colors, fabrics and finishes. $48 at JCPenney. Higher rise you can actually tuck a shirt into them.