Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of Thursday Boot Company?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    @dpark
    Understood.

Here's one where the boot was cut in half showing the innards. http://www.heddels.com/2014/10/thurs...t-boot-review/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I have their Scout chukka, and I love it. Great quality for the price imo. A lot of the negative on Reddit seemed to be from their kick starter campaign though so maybe they have straightened issues out since 2014. At the price I think they are pretty great though, like I said. Good leather, good weight to them, super comfortable. The leather absorbed conditioner and cream well, which I always take as a good sign. Can't speak on longevity yet, but they seem pretty solid. Much better than some of the Florsheims I tried before hand for the same price range before sales.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jle058 View Post
    Does anyone on here own a pair of boots/shoes from Thursday Boot company? I randomly found them on IG and their products look damn good, the leather quality looks decent and the shapes are timeless. Just wondering on durability and actual quality before I make a move and grab a pair of chukkas or chelseas. LINK: http://thursdayboots.com/
    I was a big fan of TBC. I purchased a pair of brown Captains in November, and they held up great all winter. They were initially a bit shiny, but once that dulled, they became some of my favorite shoes. There was one small stitching imperfection that most would not even notice. I thought the quality was spot on for the price, and I subsequently bought a wallet from them that has also worked great. I have received compliments from no less than 15 people on them, which is significantly more than any other pair of shoes I own (and that includes 7 pairs of Allen Edmonds).

But over the past two weeks, my view of TBC has changed. I purchased a pair of black Commander boots, and when they arrived, I began inspecting one of them. There were approximately ten scuffs and noticeable imperfections in the leather and stitching. I did not even pull the second one out. Seeing no easy way to print a return label, I contacted TBC about getting a label. They responded the next day requesting that I send them pictures of the boots for them to inspect before they would give me a return label. That is a pretty unacceptable request of a repeat customer just 10 days after receipt when the return policy for reimbursement is 10 days after receipt. I sent them eight pictures, each picture showing at least one of the scuffs/imperfections on the single boot and told them I have not even removed the other from its sealed plastic wrap. That was 9 hours ago, and I still haven't received a return label or even a response to the pictures. I understand that it is a small company that can't afford to absorb shipping costs for people to continuously order and send back, but I am very dissatisfied with this third experience with TBC and will be very unlikely to order from them in the future.

That being said, some of their styles are sold on Amazon with free return shipping, which is one way for you to try their product without dealing with the company directly. I am still happy with my Captain boots for $200. I believe their brown chukkas are one of the few styles listed on Amazon.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Im a fan, I think all of their boots look great. Similar boots are double the price but only slightly higher quality, and the diminishing returns on quality dont justify spending the extra money to me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Any pair of shoes can look great with a ton of polish, some professional photography, and some photoshop. I think most pairs of DSW house shoes look better than most pairs of Alden's online.

Here's my problem: it seems like most people who have actually TRIED these boots are saying that there are noticeable quality/durability issues. That might be OK, since they're cheaper than some alternatives. But is $200 really that cheap for a shoe with well-documented issues? For what's essentially a stepping stone shoe--i.e. something that won't last forever and will probably be eventually replaced by the more expensive, full-quality solution?

I'd rather not spend $200 for something that I know has problems with it and will eventually be replaced. But for $50 (i.e. the Stafford Deacon)? Absolutely. Otherwise, I think this is a waste of money.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lax101 View Post
    Any pair of shoes can look great with a ton of polish, some professional photography, and some photoshop. I think most pairs of DSW house shoes look better than most pairs of Alden's online.

Here's my problem: it seems like most people who have actually TRIED these boots are saying that there are noticeable quality/durability issues. That might be OK, since they're cheaper than some alternatives. But is $200 really that cheap for a shoe with well-documented issues? For what's essentially a stepping stone shoe--i.e. something that won't last forever and will probably be eventually replaced by the more expensive, full-quality solution?

I'd rather not spend $200 for something that I know has problems with it and will eventually be replaced. But for $50 (i.e. the Stafford Deacon)? Absolutely. Otherwise, I think this is a waste of money.
    Can you provide links to these many opinions? I've seen very few reviews, the only ones that are overly negative are generally from Reddit where those that dislike the majority of things go to vent. The couple that I've seen have a generally positive impression.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by batkins9 View Post
    Can you provide links to these many opinions? I've seen very few reviews, the only ones that are overly negative are generally from Reddit where those that dislike the majority of things go to vent. The couple that I've seen have a generally positive impression.
    That's because there aren't any. I searched them extensively before I bought from them, and I was able to find two full reviews (both very positive) and the Reddit string (and like i said before, was from the kick starter, mainly based off a boot that they were comparing to an Alden Indy). That's was about it. But there seems to be a lot of people willing to say that they aren't worth the price, but have no personal experience to offer. Not sure where that comes from. The pair of boots I received are well crafted, and look great all around. The leather was not shiny cheap looking, but actually a little dull and matte and it polished up great. Its definitely genuine leather. Really comfortable too.They aren't an Alden Indy or an AE Dalton, but you're not paying for that either so it's to be expected. The soles aren't Dainite, but they are good and durable. I've worn them on some nasty tough surfaces with minimul wear and tear. So IMHO you're getting a steller mid range GYW boot. Definitely worth the price. I have the Deacons as well and I love them, but I expect these Scouts to outlast them for a good while. You can can find a better boot if you're willing to move up to three bills or sale hunt hard. But sometimes that extra hundred puts you out of your range. Also in my personal experience with Thursday I received GREAT customer service. Sometimes they were slow getting back, but I talked to them extensively about their product before I purchased, and they senr me a free care kit. All imo though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertone View Post
    That's because there aren't any. I searched them extensively before I bought from them, and I was able to find two full reviews (both very positive) and the Reddit string (and like i said before, was from the kick starter, mainly based off a boot that they were comparing to an Alden Indy). That's was about it. But there seems to be a lot of people willing to say that they aren't worth the price, but have no personal experience to offer. Not sure where that comes from. The pair of boots I received are well crafted, and look great all around. The leather was not shiny cheap looking, but actually a little dull and matte and it polished up great. Its definitely genuine leather. Really comfortable too.They aren't an Alden Indy or an AE Dalton, but you're not paying for that either so it's to be expected. The soles aren't Dainite, but they are good and durable. I've worn them on some nasty tough surfaces with minimul wear and tear. So IMHO you're getting a steller mid range GYW boot. Definitely worth the price. I have the Deacons as well and I love them, but I expect these Scouts to outlast them for a good while. You can can find a better boot if you're willing to move up to three bills or sale hunt hard. But sometimes that extra hundred puts you out of your range. Also in my personal experience with Thursday I received GREAT customer service. Sometimes they were slow getting back, but I talked to them extensively about their product before I purchased, and they senr me a free care kit. All imo though.
    I wish I could say the same about their CS. I just had two very different experiences between the Captains and the Commanders. Captains for $200 were great purchase, although I will likely upgrade to nicer (and 2x as expensive) AE boots this coming fall. No issues through lots of wear. They look great and are holding up great. No regrets there. Same with the wallet I bought. I love the wallet. But as I mentioned before, the Commanders were very poor quality, with tons of issues, and CS is making returning them impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im a fan of Thursday Boots, Bought 2 pairs of this brand ( the Captain and President). They are so comfortable and durable. And I also recommended my friends to buy these boots.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I bought a pair of brown captains and found them really disappointing. There were flaws all over them, including gashes all along the side of one boot that looked like it had been made by the machine that stitched the welt. Some of the stitching was ugly and there were scuffs all over them. Also I tried them on and walked around on carpet for 30 seconds and they got very ugly creasing that is far worse than you expect from decent leather. I was very suspicious of the leather quality.

I contacted their customer service and provided photos and asked if it was normal (this was to be my first pair of "good" boots) and they stopped responding to me completely after that. Prior to ordering, when I had fit questions, they were very prompt. Thankfully I purchased them through amazon so I didn't have any problems returning them. But I would not recommend you do business with this company. I have since bought a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile boots, J Crew Kenton boots and Allen Edmonds Dalton boots, all for $150-200, and all have aged well and are far better than the TBC were. If you're at that bargain price point, check out the J Crew boots on sale.
    Last edited by kingtopher; October 23rd, 2017 at 01:01 PM.