Thread: Do Allen Edmonds Daltons run small?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Do Allen Edmonds Daltons run small?

I heard a lot of people wear the same size Daltons as the 65 last.

I wear size 11D in my Park Avenues and they fit me well. I ordered a pair of Daltons seconds and they are too small for me, my big toe is squeezed when I walk. I put them next to my Park Avenues and the Daltons are definitely shorter (lengthwise).

Is this normal? Do I need to size up on the Daltons or were these labeled the wrong size (which hopefully would get me out of paying the restocking fee to exchange them)?

Thanks

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)
    FYI, I had to exchange two pairs of 2nds I ordered during the flash sale for sizing, and didn't pay a re-stocking fee.

I actually went into an A&E store to get sized properly, and they handled the return as well (including working the Shoebank to find one of the replacements).

Great experience all around.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Mine are true to size. I wear 12 D.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    314 Post(s)
    Interesting. I don't have any but do want one. So far my impression from the web Dalton could be roomier on the toebox.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I found them to be a little narrow (although I can't compare to the 65 last) so I stayed TTS in length and went up from E to EEE

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1048 Post(s)
    I found the Dalton's are a little tight at first but then loosened up after 4-5 wears. While the shoe is shorter than the 65, I have found it to not be as narrow but that is just my perception.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2good2be2 View Post
    I heard a lot of people wear the same size Daltons as the 65 last.

I wear size 11D in my Park Avenues and they fit me well. I ordered a pair of Daltons seconds and they are too small for me, my big toe is squeezed when I walk. I put them next to my Park Avenues and the Daltons are definitely shorter (lengthwise).

Is this normal? Do I need to size up on the Daltons or were these labeled the wrong size (which hopefully would get me out of paying the restocking fee to exchange them)?

Thanks
    I am an 11.5D (a touch under 11.5 so between an 11 and 11.5c/d) on a Brannock and Wear and 11.5D in Daltons and Dundees which are both on the 511 last. I wear a 10.5D on the 65 Last,

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Honestly everyone's feet are so different, that you just need to find out for yourself. Either go to a Allen Edmonds store and get properly fitted, or do the guess and check method by returning if it doesn't fit well. I have a pair of TTS Daltons coming to me on Monday, or whenever the snow clears and the post office starts delivering mail again.