Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAW - Ask Beth discussion thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)

AAW - Ask Beth discussion thread

I don't know if anyone else finds the questions and situations Beth fields entertaining, but I think it might be fun to hear what the Threads community thinks about them, since we no longer have comments.

This weeks topic? Sugardaddies and the women who are involved with them. Tbh, about the guy who asked the question...I sometimes am super curious about the age of these guys. And why there's even a question here. Ditch her. I've dated some social climbers (read: gold-diggers) who I failed to identify as such from the get go...Such are the pitfalls of living in Los Angeles, *sigh*. The notion of dating a woman who openly uses men as ATM machines is commonly acknowledged red flag. So in my opinion, this guy is either really young, or pretty naive. Or a combination of both.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Most of the topics/questions she gets are pretty hilarious, and she's a lot nicer about them than I think a lot of us would be in responding.

Gold diggers are pretty common here in NYC as well, as are social climbers and the like, etc. After 5+ years in the city and a decade out of college, I generally feel like I can pick them out early and avoid them (or at least know what I'm getting into), but regardless some get through. However, if there's a legit sugar daddy in play, it amazes me that guys think it's worth keeping the girl around for.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    So, on Beth's last post, what are you're guys' favorite go-to date night/day activities. Share with the rest of us so we can add them to our list of things that we can do to woo romantic interests and/or entertain the GF or Missus.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    It's been a damn long time since I was in the dating pool, but my favorite meal to eat out is brunch. The times when my wife and I can get someone to watch the kids for a few hours on a Sunday or Saturday late morning/early afternoon while we go get brunch are awesome - I imagine it'd be similar with a date. Making that a jumping off point to go do something fun outdoors or even go see a movie or a theater matinee would be a good idea too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    So, on Beth's last post, what are you're guys' favorite go-to date night/day activities. Share with the rest of us so we can add them to our list of things that we can do to woo romantic interests and/or entertain the GF or Missus.
    You're from LA and you probably have this in your arsenal bag but, Griffith Observatory. You can definitely use the "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven" line when she looks into the big telescope.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninpb View Post
    You can definitely use the "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven" line when she looks into the big telescope.
    Of course, kissing her with lingering vomit on her breath might put a crimp in things, but do what you gotta.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    I'm a huge brunch fan, but I've found that a lot of girls tend to either (1) get brunch with their friends or (2) have stuff to do that day where brunch (being the middle of the day and requiring prep time) gets in the way of. Better for girls you've been out with a bit than early dates, IMO.

I admittedly have been doing Sunday early evening dates for a while -- they're more casual than a true weekend date (which is a bit faux pas to some these days) and they're much easier for me to be sure I'll make vs. a weekday date with my work (lack of) schedule. I tend to do a casual beer at a pub or lower key pizza/beer type dates for Sundays, to make the date match the casualness/lack of stress of the Sunday evening timing. First date with my girlfriend was actually a Sunday evening pizza, come to think of it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninpb View Post
    You're from LA and you probably have this in your arsenal bag but, Griffith Observatory. You can definitely use the "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven" line when she looks into the big telescope.
    Lol. Yeah, Griffith is good. Parking is just terrible, though. Especially on the weekends. Though that line in conjunction with Griffith would be gold. Lol.

I never thought of brunch as a date thing. More a go-out-with-friends-after-drinking-the-previous-night thing. Or with a girl you're more involved with than just "dating."

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    Great idea for a thread - Beth is a triumph, great writer and super insightful. However, I am going to send her some "speed round" questions to really test her skills.

Shomas is right, nothing better than brunch. It's not quite breakfast, it's not quite lunch, but it comes with a slice of canteloupe at the end. You don't get completely what you would at breakfast, but you get a good meal!

In my experience, with young kids running around our legs, my wife - and maybe all women - appreciates a date where she gets to dress up or a sense of occasion. Doesn't always have to be like that of course.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    It's been too cold lately to do much besides inside activities like dining and movies. But when the weather is warmer, between 50 and 70 degrees, I enjoy hiking with the SO. When we first went, I imagined myself dragging her up and down the paths, because she's not athletic and she hated the idea of hiking. But to my surprise, she had me struggling to catch up to her. I think the muscle memory of living in, and growing up during her early years in Korea kicked in, although she moved here in her early teens. Hiking is huge in Korea as it's a very hilly country. A full day of hiking when the leaves changes colors, or when the flowers are blooming, is a fantastic way to spend with the SO/wife, and with someone you're getting to know.