Thread: Tailored Jogger - made from scratch to fit you by Suitable

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Tailored Jogger - made from scratch to fit you by Suitable

Hey guys, Ray here from Suitable (suitablewear.com).

Unlike your normal custom clothier that only does suits and dress shirts, we're a full line of men's essentials. Highly edited and made from scratch to fit based on 25 body measurements.

We just launched the 05 Tailored Jogger. It's a minimalist trouser top, premium structured wool and a slim jogger cuff. It goes for $195 but could easily retail for double.

Check it out here: www.suitablewear.com/collections/05

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Would highly recommend posting this over on the Streetwear and Denim boards at Styleforum. I'd love to try this out but I don't know how it goes with my style so it's a bit of an expensive dive into wool joggers for me, but it honestly looks pretty cool. I spent a few minutes checking out your website and I'm a big fan of the webdesign as well as the idea behind your brand's look and ethos. A more curated collection is a good way to go and it looks like your construction is and materials are quality. The styling is not quite what most of this board's members go for but everything is done really nicely. Your models are all styled well and they're wearing the correct sizes, the photography is excellent. I'm a fan of the tailoring credit also.

The suits have the right lapel proportion and gorge height for the cut. I really wish they were longer but again this fits into your aesthetic. Construction looks solid on these. Props for not getting too flashy with contrast stitching or anything (I see it there on some suits but it's not red, thank goodness). As far as value, more expensive than Suit Supply, where the Copenhagen cut can probably allow people to achieve similar proportions, but options for consumers isn't a bad thing. Big fan of the Italian blue suit.

Transit blazer hits all the right notes for me, patch hip pockets, 1/4 lined, staple color. Would like to see (for this and other items) more details about specific materials (are your jacket buttons nut, horn, etc? are your shirt buttons mother of pearl, shell, or plastic?)

The shirts are priced about on-par for MTM but more details on the cloth and buttons and other construction aspects would be great because your competitors provide this.

I saved for last what I'm most excited about, the formalwear. What a surprise to see a classically executed tux (again, short jacket but still you hit the other notes)! And a dinner jacket! There's a certain set of the population that'll hopefully eat this stuff up.

My own tastes lean more traditional when it comes to tailored clothing (in terms of proportions) but as I'm trying to develop a better off-the-clock style, I could definitely see myself giving your joggers and casual shirts a shot in the future. I'm wondering how the jogger would look on someone like myself with more athletic thighs. My current joggers look fine but I don't like that skinny look in wool trousers, wonder how it'd look in wool.

Edit: Not a fan of the 1-post-count reviews posted on SF. =\ If do want someone to review these for you, let me know.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    Would highly recommend posting this over on the Streetwear and Denim boards at Styleforum. I'd love to try this out but I don't know how it goes with my style so it's a bit of an expensive dive into wool joggers for me, but it honestly looks pretty cool. I spent a few minutes checking out your website and I'm a big fan of the webdesign as well as the idea behind your brand's look and ethos. A more curated collection is a good way to go and it looks like your construction is and materials are quality. The styling is not quite what most of this board's members go for but everything is done really nicely. Your models are all styled well and they're wearing the correct sizes, the photography is excellent. I'm a fan of the tailoring credit also.

The suits have the right lapel proportion and gorge height for the cut. I really wish they were longer but again this fits into your aesthetic. Construction looks solid on these. Props for not getting too flashy with contrast stitching or anything (I see it there on some suits but it's not red, thank goodness). As far as value, more expensive than Suit Supply, where the Copenhagen cut can probably allow people to achieve similar proportions, but options for consumers isn't a bad thing. Big fan of the Italian blue suit.

Transit blazer hits all the right notes for me, patch hip pockets, 1/4 lined, staple color. Would like to see (for this and other items) more details about specific materials (are your jacket buttons nut, horn, etc? are your shirt buttons mother of pearl, shell, or plastic?)

The shirts are priced about on-par for MTM but more details on the cloth and buttons and other construction aspects would be great because your competitors provide this.

I saved for last what I'm most excited about, the formalwear. What a surprise to see a classically executed tux (again, short jacket but still you hit the other notes)! And a dinner jacket! There's a certain set of the population that'll hopefully eat this stuff up.

My own tastes lean more traditional when it comes to tailored clothing (in terms of proportions) but as I'm trying to develop a better off-the-clock style, I could definitely see myself giving your joggers and casual shirts a shot in the future. I'm wondering how the jogger would look on someone like myself with more athletic thighs. My current joggers look fine but I don't like that skinny look in wool trousers, wonder how it'd look in wool.

Edit: Not a fan of the 1-post-count reviews posted on SF. =\ If do want someone to review these for you, let me know.
    @LosRockets thanks so much for the thoughtful response! I showed the rest of the team and they appreciate your comments, because it's well studied and has perspective. Thanks for the recommendation re: SF, will take a look!

Just a quick note re: the 1 post reviews, we've had a number of customers who've asked to leave reviews on the Suitable site. We've directed them to post on relevant forums in SF, but I hear you, it doesn't feel as authentic/legit if the member hasn't been deep in the community. We would love to be more thoughtful in how we do it.

Also, will take your note to add more detail on fabric composition and buttons. Expect to see that up by the end of the week. Re: your detailed questions about the buttons:
    • Suit buttons: The blue and black suits use horn buttons and the gray suits use resin buttons. Each was chosen to complement the material and design of the suit
    • Shirt buttons: All the shirts use pearl buttons

We're also about to start a special group (working title: "Suitable Labs") where we bring in a select crew to early test our products. Is that something you might be into? If so, shoot me a note at ray@suitablewear.com.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    I think it's a tough balance to strike when it comes to reviews. To be totally honest, I've actually been turned off from a blogger or two (I don't blog) who seem to to be wearing mostly goods they got for reviews/from connections in the industry, and for whom most of their posts revolve around such reviews. I don't want to name names in public but happy to discuss in private with anyone. On one hand, it says something they continue to wear the products after the test period, on the other, you begin to wonder how much they are interested in actually good products for their style/audience vs just getting stuff. I think it's really a matter of finding people whose existing looks fit your style and don't post so many reviews on comped products that their words may start to ring a bit hollow.

I'm glad my feedback was well-received, you all seem like a bunch of thoughtful folks in general just based on what I saw on your website. Even with your style which leans toward the fashionable side of classic looks, some people will still want construction information so I'm glad you are using excellent materials and that the information will be there soon. The Labs opportunity sounds interesting, I'll shoot you a note soon w/ some relevant disclosures so you can decide if I'm somebody you want to include in the group.