Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Watch Bands at Clockwork Synergy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Past Timepieces: East German Ruhla Sports Watch

DC Vintage Watches and Clockwork Synergy are pleased to offer, for our September giveaway, a wonderfully simplistic vintage East German Ruhla Sports mechanical watch. We are including 5 Clockwork Synergy straps & are also excited to include a bonus band of your choice from our latest Cordura® Collection!

Check out the review + lookbook, and enter to win this Ruhla at the end of our blog post!

READ NOW
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.
    "Instantly Add a Little Class to your Wardrobe"

www.clockworksynergy.com

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

We had to say a sad farewell to our Marketing Manager & longest Clockwork Synergy employee, Jen. With her studies now complete, she is pursuing her dream career in yoga!

Take a peek at the wonderful work Jen has done for our company, and we wish her the best in her new endeavors!

READ MORE

www.clockworksynergy.com

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Introducing: New Grey Suede Dapper Collection Watch Bands

We are excited to share the launch of a highly-requested addition to our Dapper Collection line: our first Grey Suede leather band with Quick-Release pins!

SEE MORE

Also, be one of the first 25 customers to purchase our new Grey Suede Dapper Collection watch band, and receive 25% off your order!

[COLOR=#EE6123][/COLOR]

www.clockworksynergy.com

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

[COLOR=#292929]This week, we are excited to partner up with ZTE and to check out their new smartwatch: the ZTE Quartz. We have enjoyed working with the Z-Community to help provide our custom watch bands for this piece, and in return, ZTE is offering the chance for our readers to win one of their own! Check out our lookbook & recap down below, and then enter to win at the end of this post.[/COLOR]

SEE MORE

www.clockworksynergy.com

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Past Timepieces: 1970 Seiko 7005-8042-P Giveaway

DC Vintage Watches and Clockwork Synergy present a 1970 Seiko 7005-8042-P automatic watch, presented with four Clockwork Synergy straps. The 700x series was a family of mid-range Seiko mechanical watches produced from the 1970’s into the 1990’s; the movement was also the basis for the ever popular family of Seiko 7S26 dive watches, with the 7005 offspring remaining in production to this day.

Read the rest of the review here, and enter to win this watch & strap bundle at the end of the blog post!

www.clockworksynergy.com

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    @clockworksynergy -- It looks like communication on this thread might be one-way, but do you guys sell a 21mm lug width, 2-piece watch strap (very dark brown, dress watch style)? It looks like the closest thing you have is the "Gentlemen's" watch, but not the right size. I like stitching around the edges, but I want it to be small and not contrasting (very closely match the leather color). I'd like a full/top grain calfskin watch strap. No corrected grain or plastic coating. Something that will last for years with care and conditioning. If you don't sell something like this, do you know someone who does?

Also, where are your watched made? China? Do your "aged," "washed,' or "worn" leathers have corrections made to any blemishes in the grain in some way?

I recently bought a premium nato strap from one of your competitors. Are there any reasons to buy your premium nato straps over your competitors?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1 View Post
    @clockworksynergy -- It looks like communication on this thread might be one-way, but do you guys sell a 21mm lug width, 2-piece watch strap (very dark brown, dress watch style)? It looks like the closest thing you have is the "Gentlemen's" watch, but not the right size. I like stitching around the edges, but I want it to be small and not contrasting (very closely match the leather color). I'd like a full/top grain calfskin watch strap. No corrected grain or plastic coating. Something that will last for years with care and conditioning. If you don't sell something like this, do you know someone who does?

Also, where are your watched made? China? Do your "aged," "washed,' or "worn" leathers have corrections made to any blemishes in the grain in some way?

I recently bought a premium nato strap from one of your competitors. Are there any reasons to buy your premium nato straps over your competitors?
    Hello Alex! Happy to help. The only dark brown Gentlemen’s Collection band we sell in 21mm is our Aged Brown, otherwise, we do offer a 21mm Aged Brown from our Dapper Collection (21mm is a rarer size, which is why we don’t carry it in all collections). All our bands are made with 100% genuine calfskin leather; the only bands that include a Plastic coating is our Lizard and Croco Grain bands.

Our materials are sourced all over the world. We do personally know a manufacturer in China, but our materials also come from the UK, Germany, and several locations within the USA to name a few. In reference to the Aged, Washed, or Worn, those are not in reference to any sort of corrections, rather it is just the names we personally gave to distinguish the different colors and materials from each listing.

Care to share the name of who you previously bought a “Premium” NATO strap from for comparison. The reason why we call them Premium NATOs is to differentiate them from our Classic NATOs. Our Classic NATOs are heat sealed, while our Premium NATOs have additional stitching. We do offer a 60-day Hassle-free return policy (and free shipping within the USA), so if our bands are not to your liking, you are always free to return them for an exchange or refund. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to call us at (410) 720-2147!

www.clockworksynergy.com

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    @clockworksynergy -- thanks for responding. I just think the strap on my Orient Bambino (21mm lug) is not very nice. If it had a really nice leather strap, it would be a very nice looking dress watch.

After doing some more research, it seems even the highest quality leather straps don't usually last more than a few years with frequent use. It sounds like the bending, stress, and contact with the skin prevents them from lasting as long as shoe leather for example. Belts can last a long time, but usually only when made with thicker hides than a typical watch strap. So, uncorrected top or full grain leather may not be as important as I originally thought. As most of us on this website already know, "premium" and "genuine" don't really have any meaning when it comes to leather quality.

There's some guy in Russia who sells full grain leather dress watch straps on Etsy. Those look very nice, but they cost about twice as much as your leather watch straps. I'd probably pay the price, but I'm not crazy about buying from some random dude in Russia, and I'd have to wait a long time for the item to arrive. Why doesn't someone in the U.S. is selling something like that? I'll have to think through my options.

I bought the Nato strap from Crown and Buckle. They've been mentioned by some of the forum members in the past, and their online store looks very similar to yours. They had a sale recently, and I thought I'd try it out. I know next to nothing about Nato strap quality. I'm not really a watch guy, but it looks like a fun hobby.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    @Alex1 - Of course! Happy to help. Watch strap collecting can definitely be a hobby! And you are correct in referencing the fact that watch bands are not built to be stiff, and bending + stress + contact with oils from the skin all play a factor in that. We have customers that have been with us for over a decade, and we have not had any known complaints about our leather bands wearing away even after checking in after few years of wear. In regards to sales, we will have several Black Friday promotions, so feel free to try us out then if you are still interested in trying us out!

www.clockworksynergy.com

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

www.clockworksynergy.com