Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: anyone else having a field day at the suitsupply outlet?

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    ebay is flooded with suitsupply outlet items. looks like the guys who were trying to make a quick buck didn't plan on all the competition. nothing appears to be selling.
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    I noticed the influx of SuitSupply on eBay as well.

Reminds me of the J.Crew/Alfred Sargent blue suede double monks that went down to $100. I missed the sale and now see many pairs on eBay trying to flip for $250-$300.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    ebay is flooded with suitsupply outlet items. looks like the guys who were trying to make a quick buck didn't plan on all the competition. nothing appears to be selling.
    Well, I hope they struggle to sell things. I have no time for people doing such a thing—fine if something genuinely didn't fit, but people simply flipping things to make a few measly dollars just gets my back up.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    On a whim I got a pair of chinos during the outlet sale. As is typical with Suitsupply, the color in the photo is nothing like the real thing. The pants are labeled Sand, but are really khaki. The fabric is thin, smooth and finely woven with a “washed” treatment. It’s nicer, or at least finer (in the literal sense), than Bonobos’ fabric.

They’re made in Portugal and sit low on the hips, especially in the back. They’re not cargo pants, but there is an odd small pocket on the back of the right thigh. I have no idea what’s supposed to go in the pocket; anything would be crushed or impale you when you sat.

They’re less dressy than they appear in the photo and remind me of the original Banana Republic chinos from the late 80s (back when they had faux-Safari-themed stores). I don’t think I’d get them again, and not for $150 retail. The cut of the waistband feels odd—almost as if they’re about the slip off.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    @theplayerking i like the looks of that Havana a lot. Are you going to post IRL pics of these?
    Just picked up from alterations at the SoHo store.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

The 2 ties I managed to get ahold of during the outlet sale.
    Navy with flowers (made in Italy, 70% silk/ 30% cotton, $65 retail) and brown pindot (made in China, 100% silk, $45 retail).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    If anyone is trying to unload a 44L suit, I'm in the market.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Anyone else purchase something and then find out it has been sold out? I was a bit disappointed, however, they refunded me and sent me a $50 gift card.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Anyone have any idea when the outlet is likely to open up again? End of the summer for clearance? Or before then? (Would there be an end of spring clearance or is there stuff all fall/winter and spring/summer? I'd have thought some fall clothes wouldn't get much wear in winter, but I can't imagine there'd be too many spring items that wouldn't be wearable at all in summer).

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1063 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srlclark View Post
    Anyone have any idea when the outlet is likely to open up again? End of the summer for clearance? Or before then? (Would there be an end of spring clearance or is there stuff all fall/winter and spring/summer? I'd have thought some fall clothes wouldn't get much wear in winter, but I can't imagine there'd be too many spring items that wouldn't be wearable at all in summer).
    These things are not predictable even in European countries. Seems like this one went well with the no returns so it would be nice if it came back sooner rather than a few years later.