Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone else having a field day at the suitsupply outlet?

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Is one any tighter across the chest than the other? Or does one have higher armholes or any differences worth noting?
    They fit nothing alike. The napoli probably varies the most from suit to suit of all the models. Regardless, the Napoli is cut roomier through the chest, waist, and shoulders. It also has far more structure. A lot of it is going to depend on your body type. Most people wear the same size in each, though. If your Napoli is very slim on you, you may have to size up though. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer.
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    I feel like i am always posting after Charles on SS threads, but I have a Napoli and a Washington in the same size and the Washington is about as slim as I would go on a suit and the Napoli is about as full. But I like them both. And i haven't worn the Washington since before Christmas, so all those desserts may have that suit fitting even tighter right now!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    They fit nothing alike. The napoli probably varies the most from suit to suit of all the models. Regardless, the Napoli is cut roomier through the chest, waist, and shoulders. It also has far more structure. A lot of it is going to depend on your body type. Most people wear the same size in each, though. If your Napoli is very slim on you, you may have to size up though. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer.
    This has been my experience.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    Probably a good thing I don't know my fit in Suit Supply. I don't really need suits or sports coats, but see several I'd be extremely tempted by if I knew my exact size. Too risky for final sale, though.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    Thanks, that helps a lot. The problem with me is that I've always been wider across the chest so I'll probably avoid the Havana for now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Pulled the trigger on the grey wool/silk Washington. Been eyeing that jacket for a couple months now. Also grabbed the suede double monks.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Almost purchased the Havana brown plain, the texture is intriguing. For $199 I would have. I have a brown F/W jacket already. It's an old tweed but it doesn't get enough wear as-is. No need to upgrade, especially if I end up staying in TX for a few more years. I'm trying to talk myself out of it guys, trying really hard. The Havana fits me really well. SELL OUT DAMMIT.

Got 3 ties, missed out on a belt I wanted.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Is one any tighter across the chest than the other? Or does one have higher armholes or any differences worth noting?
    The Havana is noticeably slimmer in both chest, waist, and shoulders. And the armholes feel higher on the Havana than the Napoli. Surprisingly enough, I actually sized down to a 42 from a 44 from the Napoli. My sloping shoulders along with the lack of shoulder construction just made the 42 more wearable than the 44. Weird. It was the first time that's happened to me.

Anyways, I exercised self-control...didn't buy any of their shoes, which look like a steal. Almost pick up some of the Alden look-a-likes...If they had come with a mini-lug sole, I would have been all over them. I ended up picking up that Navy mohair cardigan, some socks and actually a wallet since mine has been slowly falling apart for the past year.

@thecharlesg Did you pick up anything on the Berg and Berg sale? I actually picked up a few ties late last night.

I'm cutting myself off at this point. Not starting this year off well for reducing clothing spend. 90-day challenge starts now for me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    469 Post(s)
    Can anyone compare Copenhagen fit to Napoli? Love that blue plain jacket and really need one. Thanks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Can anyone compare Copenhagen fit to Napoli? Love that blue plain jacket and really need one. Thanks.
    Like the Havana, it's far less structured than the Napoli. Also much slimmer in cut all the way around.