Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Must I incinerate these shoes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Must I incinerate these shoes?

As you noted, please don't burn them, donate them. They will find a good home for someone who needs any shoes they can get.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFed View Post
    As you noted, please don't burn them, donate them. They will find a good home for someone who needs any shoes they can get.
    Indeed. However, it can depend on wear. I've had shoes rejected by charities when they were too broken in.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmichaelray View Post
    You could always just wear a blazer with a t-shirt, a Gilligan's Island bucket hat and some wraparound Oakleys. Then, those shoes would make that outfit fresh and stylin.
    Quote Originally Posted by MNJ83 View Post
    So burn them.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jankdc View Post
    I personally hate the pointy shoes that are in fashion now. They crowd you toes. I went to AE to look at shoes recently and while I wear an 11e, they weren't comfortable at all. The 11eee was comfortable, but didn't stay on my feet. I say keep your shoes and boots. They are in decent shape and that style will come back at some point.
    We can only hope that they don't. A lot of AEs and most Aldens are far from pointy.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFed View Post
    This.

Indeed. However, it can depend on wear. I've had shoes rejected by charities when they were too broken in.
    Goodwill will take anything, though I'm not a huge fan of donating to them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Do you travel to work in snowy or rainy conditions? If so, then you could save yourself money that you might otherwise spend on overshoes or winter boots or beater shoes and avoid having to commute to work in sneakers and then you could use these shoes, especially the boots, to get to work, keep a newer pair at work, and change there.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srlclark View Post
    Do you travel to work in snowy or rainy conditions? If so, then you could save yourself money that you might otherwise spend on overshoes or winter boots or beater shoes and avoid having to commute to work in sneakers and then you could use these shoes, especially the boots, to get to work, keep a newer pair at work, and change there.
    I drive to work, so no commute . That's a good idea though.

No, I'll be giving these away.
    As soon as I am no longer bed-ridden/quarantined , (Who knew you can get Chickenpox at 32??), I will take them to Goodwill or Catholic Charities. They are in excellent shape, but who knows, they might have a policy against the destitute man wearing square toe shoes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MNJ83 View Post
    (Who knew you can get Chickenpox at 32??)
    Yikes. Your doctor never mentioned there has been a vaccine for the previous 20 years?

At least now you are in the club where we get to wait for it to reactivate as shingles when we are older.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)
    Yikes. Your doctor never mentioned there has been a vaccine for the previous 20 years?
    No. I had it as a kid, which means you should never get it again and you don't need a vaccine. In very, very rare instances people get it again (rare instance=me).

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quoted
    636 Post(s)
    In all seriousness, the shoes don't look at bad as the boots.
    yes. the squareness of the boots is extra-accentuated by the way the leather sections are layed up and shaped.

they look like really nice quality shoes actually which is a bit sad maybe.

I feel like you should put them in some plastic shoes trees with some mothballs, and wait until they're hip again in 15 years. then you'll have a sweet, well built set of vintage era-correct square toed shoes from the 1990's

honestly, they look like they are nice! just square. I always felt like I was the only one to think so, but I never ever felt like square was good. but, a lot of people sure did. it was an interesting fashion trend, to tell you the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Yep. Kill them. Kill them with fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They look to be in great shape and well cared for. Unless you need the space just keep them to wear around the house when you feel nostalgic. (or wear them to the doctor's office).
    If you can't beat them, join them......then beat them!