Thread: Spier & Mackay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Spier & Mackay

I figured I would start this thread since I’ve been noticing that Spier and Mackay is getting a lot of mention here, and not having a consolidated thread makes searching about information difficult. After buying some shirts on Black Friday, I’ve quickly become a fan of this company, but I’m hoping for more details on suiting and the MTM from the community. If anyone has experience with S&M feel free to post here.
    Last edited by jazzyj; December 12th, 2015 at 09:54 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    I still want to try their MTM program. I hope that they expand their fabric selection for MTM in the future. I always go back and am always just a little disappointed that there isn't more variety; keeps me from pulling the trigger on them since I want to get my MTM in fabrics and patterns I really want vs just kinda sort like.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    I still want to try their MTM program. I hope that they expand their fabric selection for MTM in the future. I always go back and am always just a little disappointed that there isn't more variety; keeps me from pulling the trigger on them since I want to get my MTM in fabrics and patterns I really want vs just kinda sort like.
    +1 I wanted to take advantage of the BF Sale but could not find 3 I really liked. Some more options in plain white or white base with thin windowpane would be nice.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Love their dress pants. I ended up getting 8 or 9 pairs of them. Shirting will be next whenever I stop changing sizes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Early in the new year we're doing a full overhaul on our custom shirt and suit program. Revamping our website and In-Store experience. To this point it's always been a secondary component to our business. OTR is the dominant portion of revenue, but the custom program is growing at a very healthy clip and can no longer be an added value component of our business. Our quality is already there with the best of them and our pricing/value offer in our opinion is greater, but we realize we need to expand our fabric offering and stabilize delivery times to really become a leader in online custom shirting.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Rick, do you have a timeline for short versions of your other suit offerings? Also, replenishment of size 15 OTR slim shirts?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagePree View Post
    Rick, do you have a timeline for short versions of your other suit offerings? Also, replenishment of size 15 OTR slim shirts?
    A full rollout of Short and Tall sizes is scheduled for the Spring Release, sometime in February.

We are one new shipment of shirts this week and another the week after. Usually takes 5 days or so to get images up on the site after we receive them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    A full rollout of Short and Tall sizes is scheduled for the Spring Release, sometime in February.

We are one new shipment of shirts this week and another the week after. Usually takes 5 days or so to get images up on the site after we receive them.
    Thank you, kind sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post

Can you give us a high level overview of what will be released in suiting for the Spring?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyj View Post
    Hey s&m, what kind of shirts are in the new shipments?
    A bunch of fill-ins in solids. Royal Twills, Fine Twills, Royal Oxfords and a few mute patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by AimlessWanderer View Post
    Can you give us a high level overview of what will be released in suiting for the Spring?
    Keeping it simple. Restocks of Core Navy, Mid Gray, Light Gray, Black. Then an amazing Marine Blue, A Bluish Gray Sharkskin, A Light Gray Prince of Wales Check and a not for everybody Denim Blue that needs to be seen to be appreciated.