Thread: Spier & Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    As someone who has tried both on...
    The Blue is a 3 roll 2 button while the Navy is a true 2 button.
    Also, the Blue is from the new factory while the Navy is the last batch from the old factory.
    The Blue is slightly more "blue" than navy. The Navy is a true navy.

The material seems nicer on the Blue, but I wanted a true 2 button so I went with the Navy. If the button thing don't bother you, the Blue is the way to go.

Also, the slim is slimmer than J Crew Ludlow.
    Or as someone who owns both....

Yes it's redundant. I plan to give the blue to my brother.

I don't think there is much difference in the fabric. If anything, the blue may be a touch thinner or has a slightly more open weave. In all, any difference is negligible.

Navy is on the left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jfo2010; December 27th, 2016 at 05:09 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo2010 View Post
    Or as someone who owns both....

Yes it's redundant. I plan to give the blue to my brother.

I don't think there is much difference in the fabric. If anything, the blue may be a touch thinner or have a slightly more open weave. In all, any difference is negligible.

Navy is on the left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So there really isn't much difference in color. Is there any noticable difference in the shoulder construction? From what I read on this thread the jackets made in the new factory have softer shoulders.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    So there really isn't much difference in color. Is there any noticable difference in the shoulder construction? From what I read on this thread the jackets made in the new factory have softer shoulders.
    No noticeable difference in the shoulders. The Navy is from a restock that came out after the blue was available.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Does anyone own the SM suits in either Indigo Blue Puppytooth or Indigo Blue Texture? Was hoping to see what shade of blue they look like under real world lighting conditions Thanks!
    Last edited by Dpprd; December 27th, 2016 at 11:16 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Hey Spier & Mackay... Order #22060 here... I sent an email and have tried calling. If you're off on holiday, perhaps revise your phone away message to reflect that.

Anyway.. Your checkout system accepted my gift card code, redirected me to the address section, and then deleted the gift card code, charging the full amount of my order to my credit card. I immediately sent an email as soon as the order processed and I noticed what had occurred. Granted, that was on Boxing day, so I didn't expect an immediate reply. I've had no response and haven't been able to get anyone on the phone. I would very much like that gift card applied to my current order at some point. Thanks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    ^ You may want to use PM or at least @ tag him.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shife View Post
    Hey Spier & Mackay... Order #22060 here... I sent an email and have tried calling. If you're off on holiday, perhaps revise your phone away message to reflect that.

Anyway.. Your checkout system accepted my gift card code, redirected me to the address section, and then deleted the gift card code, charging the full amount of my order to my credit card. I immediately sent an email as soon as the order processed and I noticed what had occurred. Granted, that was on Boxing day, so I didn't expect an immediate reply. I've had no response and haven't been able to get anyone on the phone. I would very much like that gift card applied to my current order at some point. Thanks.
    Just sent you a PM

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    How does the SM slim and contemporary compare to JCrew Factory slim?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    Just sent you a PM
    Much thanks. Very appreciated. Can't wait for the new order to arrive.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay

Rick, I have emailed and posted in here and on SF, I have been trying to add one more shirt to an order I placed a month ago, order #21237

Obviously I'm hopeful to be able to add one more shirt, but so far the most frustrating thing has been that I haven't gotten a reply. So far I have been completely satisfied with all of my orders, both the product and the service, but it seems like I am slipping through the cracks right now.

Thanks