Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier & Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    can anyone compare the slim fits to another brand? express 1mx fitted or uniqlo old slims or charles tyrwhitt extra slim fit (old fit)? having an issue finding my right size...my normal size is 14.5 slim but looking at the measurements i'm worried it is too slim for me...
    Last edited by Scofield; June 10th, 2016 at 02:32 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    Late fall/early winter at the earliest. And we're going to start it in Navy and Gray to test it out.
    Outstanding. Looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    A note on our Slim vs Contemporary. These are two completely different cuts and their grade scales are different as well. At size 42 is where the specs pretty much intersect. If we were to run a 42 Slim, it would only be 1 cm slimmer than the Contemporary. The Contemporary is already a "Slim" model compared to many other makes/brands.
    I recently ordered two pairs of trousers, same waist (34), one in contemporary and one in slim, to get a feel for which fit me better. I really did not feel like there was a great deal of difference. Although, I ordered them both a size too small b/c I didn't read carefully that they aren't vanity cuts.

In related news, the returns process was super easy!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    can anyone compare the slim fits to another brand? express 1mx fitted or uniqlo old slims or charles tyrwhitt extra slim fit (old fit)? having an issue finding my right size...my normal size is 14.5 slim but looking at the measurements i'm worried it is too slim for me...
    Their slim is a bit slimmer than CT ESF, 16.5 in ESF I could probably have tailored at the waist, S&M Is what it would be like after, shoulders and sleeves both fit without issue. Chest would probably be little bit roomier on ESF but I wouldn't have it tailored

Quote Originally Posted by SvB_Esq View Post
    I recently ordered two pairs of trousers, same waist (34), one in contemporary and one in slim, to get a feel for which fit me better. I really did not feel like there was a great deal of difference. Although, I ordered them both a size too small b/c I didn't read carefully that they aren't vanity cuts.

In related news, the returns process was super easy!
    Lets not confused everyone, their 33 waist fits like a 33 Waist on my jeans, and many various other brands, it's just the legs are slim in contemporary fit, I either order a 34 and wear a belt or buy a 35 and have the maximum taken in on the waist.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Their waists are slightly slimmer than a vanity size.

For comparison, I normally wear a waist size 32 in levi/lucky jeans, etc. They list their 32's as 33.5", but they were a still touch big on me. I'd recommend sizing up 1" from your normal vanity size or so.

For me, the slim fit was perfectly acceptable for the office when I tried it on. I can't imagine going baggier with the contemporary.

Here's a chart I put together of the most common wool dress pants sizes. Would like to add howard yount and some brooks brothers ones soon:

http://i.imgur.com/uSfr7B9.png

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    Their slim is a bit slimmer than CT ESF, 16.5 in ESF I could probably have tailored at the waist, S&M Is what it would be like after, shoulders and sleeves both fit without issue. Chest would probably be little bit roomier on ESF but I wouldn't have it tailored

Lets not confused everyone, their 33 waist fits like a 33 Waist on my jeans, and many various other brands, it's just the legs are slim in contemporary fit, I either order a 34 and wear a belt or buy a 35 and have the maximum taken in on the waist.
    I, too, find this to not be the case. I wear 32 in most trousers, but a 32 from S&M is uncomfortably small. That said, their legs are also a little slimmer than I'm liking these days and the rise is much too low.
    @SpierMackay if you're reading this, I (along with @LosRockets) would request a significant increase in the rise on your new tailored fit. 11.5" is my new favorite and I feel you'd generate a lot of business offering something like this at a reasonable cost. As of now, I have two options. One, custom pants from Luxire, or two, overpriced retail like Epaulet. Please be the answer for me.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    i'm super disappointed with this company. i really like their product but their customer service is some straight combat gent-level bullshit. sent an email on tuesday and have yet to receive a reply. they got my name wrong on my shipping confirmation email, the tracking number is malarkey, and my shipping address is potentially wrong. my first order had similar issues. not really sure if its worth the trouble at this point.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjr View Post
    i'm super disappointed with this company. i really like their product but their customer service is some straight combat gent-level bullshit. sent an email on tuesday and have yet to receive a reply. they got my name wrong on my shipping confirmation email, the tracking number is malarkey, and my shipping address is potentially wrong. my first order had similar issues. not really sure if its worth the trouble at this point.
    We're sorry to disappoint . The last 4-6 weeks have been a major challenge with the opening of the new shop and transfer of employees and new employees coming in place and trying to get them trained and up to speed. The transition has not been as smooth as we hoped and we've already taken steps to resolve the issues.

If you can pm me your order number I can have a look at the issue.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjr View Post
    I know you're upset. It can be frustrating when you feel that a company is unable to provide you a satisfactory level of service. I've been shopping with Spier & Mackay since... it's been a decent while at this point, and probably spent over $1000 at this point on everything from shirts and pants to suits and sportcoats. Your experience, though frustrating, does not mirror any of my encounters with Rick and his company. It's actually an odd day when I'm not wearing a S&M product these days - the stuff is that good. I hope you can be patient and give them another shot, if not, more for me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    475 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay--will the ocean blue be back in stock in 38 (slim fit) anytime soon? I was really hoping to get that and a light gray before the sale ends but went to add both to my cart and noticed the ocean blue is out of stock in 38.

ETA: it made me have a sad.
    Last edited by armedferret; June 15th, 2016 at 12:03 PM.