Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier & Mackay

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    S&M getting a lot of love but honestly there selection on no button down, non spread shirts are pretty wack for my size plus they don't seem to offer non iron. I am interested in their suits but I think I read their slim fit is skin tight.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Park View Post
    S&M getting a lot of love but honestly there selection on no button down, non spread shirts are pretty wack for my size plus they don't seem to offer non iron. I am interested in their suits but I think I read their slim fit is skin tight.
    We are really low on inventory. Our Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale caught us way off guard and we ended up moving through a lot of product. It's a good and bad problem to have as a small business TBH. We have another two shipments arriving this week to replenish.

We do have a "Contemporary" Fit suit, which is not as aggressively slim as the "slim" fit.

As for the non-iron, we'll not touch it unless it can be done mechanically, meaning no chemicals or blends. BUT, all the cotton we use is long staple Egyptian, so it resists wrinkles a lot better than cheap cotton and is very easy and quick to iron.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    +1 on the button downs - definitely need more selections to choose from.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagePree View Post
    +1 on the button downs - definitely need more selections to choose from.
    In Oxfords or casuals in general?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    In Oxfords or casuals in general?
    Oxfords and dress shirts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hey s&m, what kind of shirts are in the new shipments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    A full rollout of Short and Tall sizes is scheduled for the Spring Release, sometime in February.

We are one new shipment of shirts this week and another the week after. Usually takes 5 days or so to get images up on the site after we receive them.
    Can you give us a high level overview of what will be released in suiting for the Spring?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyj View Post
    Hey s&m, what kind of shirts are in the new shipments?
    A bunch of fill-ins in solids. Royal Twills, Fine Twills, Royal Oxfords and a few mute patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by AimlessWanderer View Post
    Can you give us a high level overview of what will be released in suiting for the Spring?
    Keeping it simple. Restocks of Core Navy, Mid Gray, Light Gray, Black. Then an amazing Marine Blue, A Bluish Gray Sharkskin, A Light Gray Prince of Wales Check and a not for everybody Denim Blue that needs to be seen to be appreciated.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Keeping it simple. Restocks of Core Navy, Mid Gray, Light Gray, Black. Then an amazing Marine Blue, A Bluish Gray Sharkskin, A Light Gray Prince of Wales Check and a not for everybody Denim Blue that needs to be seen to be appreciated.
    Well it would only be appropriate for you guys to offer a Canadian Tuxedo!

In all seriousness, those sound like some interesting choices. My suit collection is pretty well stocked right now, especially after purchasing 3 from you in the past month. The only thing left is a lighter tan suit. I have my eye on the light brown sharkskin that you currently have, but can't justify ANOTHER suit purchase right now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyum View Post
    Well it would only be appropriate for you guys to offer a Canadian Tuxedo!

In all seriousness, those sound like some interesting choices. My suit collection is pretty well stocked right now, especially after purchasing 3 from you in the past month. The only thing left is a lighter tan suit. I have my eye on the light brown sharkskin that you currently have, but can't justify ANOTHER suit purchase right now.
    Haha, We are based in the land of Eh!, We should just do a full on Denim Suit just for the heck of it. I say denim blue, because I really don't know how to describe it just yet. It's looks kinda like old stonewashed denim, but out of wool. It's very summery, bold and just an all out statement suit.