Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Spier & Mackay

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    I'm a 15.5. The chest is similar and the waist is a little slimmer than ct esf. Your best bet would probably be the contemporary fit. The shirts are much nicer than CT. What city are you a detective in?
    Thanks for the suggestion. What about the sleeve length? It seems they have just one option. I like the CT shirts but hear amazing things about S&M. I work for Aurora, a large suburb of Chicago. The climate is not very positive right now but I love the job.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    I order an MTM shirt as well as 4 OTR from them yesterday. Their OTR contemporary fit shirts are billowy on the chest and too long on the sleeves but they have fantastic collars, buttons and fabrics. For $24 USD, their collars make these a great value, even though the torso fit for me is not as good as CT or BB milano. I am actually returning the 4for200 BB and 3for100 CT shirts I got on Black Friday because their collars are a bit too slim (approximally 1/4 inch too short). However if the post tailoring OTR shirts are a bust, I may go back to CT.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    A full rollout of Short and Tall sizes is scheduled for the Spring Release, sometime in February.

We are one new shipment of shirts this week and another the week after. Usually takes 5 days or so to get images up on the site after we receive them.
    Thank you, kind sir.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpd362 View Post
    I am confused about their sleeve lengths. It seems there is just one set length per size? I have found that CT extra slim is too tight. John W. Nordstrom trim fit seem to be the best for my body shape. I am a 15.5 with a 35" sleeve length, 41" chest and 33" waist. CT esf is great around the waist but the chest is getting tight. Any suggestions as to whether Spier and Mackay is a viable option for me? I am a police detective so quality shirts at a great rice are enticing a mine get worn out with wearing body armor, paddle holsters, and pouring sweat in the summer. Thanks!
    The contemporary 15.5 would probably be the best fit, though you may need some slight tailoring in the waist to really get the silhouette you're looking for. The sleeve is 35", so you are good there.
    The Slim fit, would be good through the waist, but the chest may be snug as it rings in at 42.5", giving you only 1.5" of extra room. It's normally advised to have a minimum of 2.5" extra room around the chest for comfort and movement.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    The contemporary 15.5 would probably be the best fit, though you may need some slight tailoring in the waist to really get the silhouette you're looking for. The sleeve is 35", so you are good there.
    The Slim fit, would be good through the waist, but the chest may be snug as it rings in at 42.5", giving you only 1.5" of extra room. It's normally advised to have a minimum of 2.5" extra room around the chest for comfort and movement.

Hope this helps.

Rick
    Thank you very much. I am use to requiring some tailoring at the waist. My goal one day is custom shirts but that is not feasible given the nature of my work. I would cry getting some awesome shirts and having them rip from various activities.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doomx View Post
    I order an MTM shirt as well as 4 OTR from them yesterday. Their OTR contemporary fit shirts are billowy on the chest and too long on the sleeves but they have fantastic collars, buttons and fabrics. For $24 USD, their collars make these a great value, even though the torso fit for me is not as good as CT or BB milano. I am actually returning the 4for200 BB and 3for100 CT shirts I got on Black Friday because their collars are a bit too slim (approximally 1/4 inch too short). However if the post tailoring OTR shirts are a bust, I may go back to CT.
    Have you tried the slim fit?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    The slim fit is too tight in the waist. I have a 16.5 neck so I can't upsize on slim fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone have experience with custom suiting?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    as a below average height canadian, I'm very happy to have recently discovered this company and will soon be a steady customer. what are the measurement differences in the short suits? I couldn't find much information in regards to fit measurements (slim vs contempory fit, short vs normal) on your site

really looking forward to seeing what you roll out in the new year, hope to see more casual button down collar shirts and short guy options
    Last edited by HankScorpio; December 14th, 2015 at 10:04 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    257 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    as a below average height canadian, I'm very happy to have recently discovered this company and will soon be a steady customer. what are the measurement differences in the short suits? I couldn't find much information in regards to fit measurements (slim vs contempory fit, short vs normal) on your site

really looking forward to seeing what you roll out in the new year, hope to see more casual button down collar shirts and short guy options
    If you're on a suit page like this one:

http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...ort___slim_fit

Click on the black button that says "SIZE CHART" then click on the suits tab. In the jacket measurements you'll see 3 different sleeve lengths and 3 different jacket lengths ( measured from center back). No difference for pants as they are unhemmed. Also not mentioned is that although the suits are "drop 6", you can swap the pants for a different size as long as they have it in stock.