Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Target peacoat?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)
    It's typical of peacoats. The traditional colour is a midnight blue that really only shows its hue in the sunlight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manceptional View Post
    I've been eyeing a Schott for a while. From what I've seen online, even the navy is basically black, is that accurate?
    Yeah, it's pretty dark. Looks good though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty dark. Looks good though.
    I tried on the target one, as well as another few I tried on sale at nordstrom. This is my first shot at a peacoat, and I'm looking for something that straddles the price/quality fence-I don't want to spend a fortune, but will spend a bit more for quality. The target coat looks decent, but it is a bit short (I am 6', 190lbs). It also moves TERRIBLY. Something just wasn't right in the cut. Also shed a ton on my white dress shirt when I tried it on.

If I don't find anything at my local army navy I will probably go with the Vince Camuto from nordstrom, which I got for $79 on sale. A touch longer than others I've tried. A bit better quality than the target one and moves very well (though it also sheds a bit). I really wanted to go with the 7 diamonds one because the quality was substantially better, but the fit was just a bit too slim and a bit too short for me, even when sizing up from L to XL. If anyone does try the 7 diamonds, get the Indigo color for something different. Not too flashy, more like a blueish grey. Loved the color (their navy one was also beautiful).
    The Michael Kors one was OK too. Similar to the Vince camuto.