Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Suit Supply - An Unfortunate Experience

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Suit Supply - An Unfortunate Experience

    Friends, I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I was looking for a new suit and based upon the rave reviews here, I bought a Napoli in dark gray. Fantastic suit. Fantastic in-box presentation. Fantastic fit. You guys were spot-on.

    I wore it three times in the first month. Three. And somehow two small holes the size of pinheads appeared in the pants. I sent an e-mail and a photograph to SuitSupply... they responded quickly and told me there was nothing they could do. So here I was with an unwearable $550 suit.

    I asked... could I buy a new pair of pants as a separate?

    The response: No. They directed me to drive to the nearest SuitSupply (200 miles away) and the store would make me a new pair of pants for $150.

    So here I am, out of luck. And not buying from SuitSupply again. It was a most unfortunate experience.

    I took the pants to a weaver who is charging $70 to re-weave the damaged part of the pants. But let's face it, a patch job is still a patch job.

    If anyone has any suggestions (short of trying to find a pair on eBay) I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I would escalate that to the next level of management. Store manager said no?

  3. #3
    Varsity Member thecharlesg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,084
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Tibs View Post
    Friends, I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I was looking for a new suit and based upon the rave reviews here, I bought a Napoli in dark gray. Fantastic suit. Fantastic in-box presentation. Fantastic fit. You guys were spot-on.

    I wore it three times in the first month. Three. And somehow two small holes the size of pinheads appeared in the pants. I sent an e-mail and a photograph to SuitSupply... they responded quickly and told me there was nothing they could do. So here I was with an unwearable $550 suit.

    I asked... could I buy a new pair of pants as a separate?

    The response: No. They directed me to drive to the nearest SuitSupply (200 miles away) and the store would make me a new pair of pants for $150.

    So here I am, out of luck. And not buying from SuitSupply again. It was a most unfortunate experience.

    I took the pants to a weaver who is charging $70 to re-weave the damaged part of the pants. But let's face it, a patch job is still a patch job.

    If anyone has any suggestions (short of trying to find a pair on eBay) I'd love to hear them. Thanks.
    I would get them patched. I have a bunch of Suitsupply suits and haven't had any similar problems. I don't think it was their fault. I know you want someone to blame. It's hard to damage something that you paid a lot of money for. Luckily, if the holes are as small as you described, a tailor should be able to fix them.
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

  4. #4
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    528
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Tibs View Post
    Friends, I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I was looking for a new suit and based upon the rave reviews here, I bought a Napoli in dark gray. Fantastic suit. Fantastic in-box presentation. Fantastic fit. You guys were spot-on.

    I wore it three times in the first month. Three. And somehow two small holes the size of pinheads appeared in the pants. I sent an e-mail and a photograph to SuitSupply... they responded quickly and told me there was nothing they could do. So here I was with an unwearable $550 suit.

    I asked... could I buy a new pair of pants as a separate?

    The response: No. They directed me to drive to the nearest SuitSupply (200 miles away) and the store would make me a new pair of pants for $150.

    So here I am, out of luck. And not buying from SuitSupply again. It was a most unfortunate experience.

    I took the pants to a weaver who is charging $70 to re-weave the damaged part of the pants. But let's face it, a patch job is still a patch job.

    If anyone has any suggestions (short of trying to find a pair on eBay) I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

    Is it really unwearable? Can you post the pictures? Pin heads can be pretty small. Is it possibly just left over from tailoring? You might try steaming it or hanging it up in the bathroom while you take a shower to see if it goes away. Do you see frayed threads at the hole? Please let us know what happens. I was planning to buy one or two suits from Suit Supply in the near future.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Gents,

    @thecharlesg: I don't blame them and I don't believe the damage is their fault. But not being able to replace the pants unless I drive to a store 200 miles away and pay $150 seems like poor customer service to me. I asked if I could mail-order a pair of the exact same pants, as a separate, and that request was denied.

    @Alex1: The damage consists of two small tears--definitely not from tailoring. These showed up after I got the suit tailored.

    Like I said, the suit itself was great. But once they had my money, I have experienced an absolute absence of customer support outside of some politely-worded emails telling me I was out of luck.

  6. #6
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that. If you have options, then please spend your money somewhere else.

  7. #7
    Varsity Member thecharlesg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,084
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3piece View Post
    Sorry to hear that. If you have options, then please spend your money somewhere else.
    What brand are you suggesting? I'm not sure if I'm aware of any that would replace a pair of worn pants for pin size holes. I'm also not aware of any brands that don't sell separates that would make an exception. I've found Suitsupply's customer service to be great.
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

  8. #8
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    315 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    What brand are you suggesting? I'm not sure if I'm aware of any that would replace a pair of worn pants for pin size holes. I'm also not aware of any brands that don't sell separates that would make an exception. I've found Suitsupply's customer service to be great.
    I can't suggest a brand; I shop MTM from a local tailor.

    If I were OP and I felt that the merchandise was defective or worn out prematurely, I would expect a free replacement.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I'd post pictures, but I'm having some difficulty with that. Like I said, the pants have already been sent to a weaver to fix the holes... my tailor (and two others I went to) said it was a weave job, not a stitch job.

    I'm not blasting SuSu, I just wish I knew their limitations beforehand.

  10. #10
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,245
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Tibs View Post
    I'd post pictures, but I'm having some difficulty with that. Like I said, the pants have already been sent to a weaver to fix the holes... my tailor (and two others I went to) said it was a weave job, not a stitch job.

    I'm not blasting SuSu, I just wish I knew their limitations beforehand.
    I hate to say it but it seems your experience is not the norm. I would've called back and maybe gotten a different customer service rep. I've had great experiences with them and their staff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •