Thread: Fall chinos--how short is too short inseam?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Fall chinos--how short is too short inseam?

I purchased some of the raisin colored dress chinos from J.Crew, and they are shorter than the other 30" I have gotten from them. They are slim 770 fit. I actually like how short they are in some ways, but I haven't had a fall pant this short before. I understand for summer weight fabrics and going sock less, it works best.

Can it also work to keep it high at the ankle for a fall pant? They are burgundy and yes I'd be wearing socks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    I wouldn't.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    Return these. Measure what you actually wanted with a measuring tape. Go onto the website and select the right length.

This will not work with socks. No.

Another bit: I've noticed over some orders from J Crew that if you don't select the exact hem, they send you whatever they feel like. This is probably a quality control issue, but I have enjoyed my last few orders that were the correct length by specifying 31 5/8" instead of 32".
    Last edited by ianr; December 4th, 2015 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Missed with socks part

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmichaelray View Post
    Return these. Measure what you actually wanted with a measuring tape. Go onto the website and select the right length.

This will not work with socks. No.

Another bit: I've noticed over some orders from J Crew that if you don't select the exact hem, they send you whatever they feel like. This is probably a quality control issue, but I have enjoyed my last few orders that were the correct length by specifying 31 5/8" instead of 32".
    Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know you could specify the inseam? Is that only on certain pants?