Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 159

Thread: Questions about Combatant Gentlemen suit & coat composition??

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    "My dad is a reasonably well known astrophysicist"

    I'm going to have to linger on that statement to let the awesomeness sink in....

    But really though, thank you very much for offering to do this. I don't even have a magnifying glass so I don't have the tools to conduct any kind of investigation myself.

  2. #22
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    313
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyLikey View Post
    "My dad is a reasonably well known astrophysicist"

    I'm going to have to linger on that statement to let the awesomeness sink in....
    Trust me, it's weird as heck to realize all the things he's done with his life, and yet be the guy that I warted into playing catch with me as a kid. Turns out I was keeping him from some pretty important stuff every time he consented. I had no idea, he was just my Dad.

  3. #23
    Varsity Member diversification's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    I mean, aliens are probably going to attack us now and we won't see it coming, but hey, at least you got to play catch, right?
    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diversification View Post
    I mean, aliens are probably going to attack us now and we won't see it coming, but hey, at least you got to play catch, right?
    Field of Dreams meets War of the Worlds? I never knew how much I wanted to see that until now.

    "Wanna have a catch dad?"

    "Sure so---" BRAAAAAAAAUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWWWWW *ZAP*

    "Well, damn"

  5. #25
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    782
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyLikey View Post
    Field of Dreams meets War of the Worlds? I never knew how much I wanted to see that until now.
    I'd pre-order tix to that. Could be a jump-forward sequel to "Cowboys and Aliens," this time with Daniel Craig's bracelet doohickey integrated into an outfielder's mitt or something.

  6. #26
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    While I certainly don't doubt his ability to use a microscope, I didn't realize that astrophysicists were qualified to visually inspect fabrics for material composition verification.

    That said, I've not purchased anything from Combatant Gentleman for several reasons, though I had considered it at one point. Part of that has to do with what I've perceived as being an inconsistency in their messaging, and in turn, what seems to me like a lack of transparency. But of course, that's just my opinion. This issue doesn't affect me, so I don't really care...but if it's the that big of a deal, why not take something to an actual lab to have it tested. Burn tests can be misleading and inaccurate due to fabric/material blending, and a tailor eyeballing a fabric isn't necessarily the most reliable evidence either.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    While I certainly don't doubt his ability to use a microscope, I didn't realize that astrophysicists were qualified to visually inspect fabrics for material composition verification.

    That said, I've not purchased anything from Combatant Gentleman for several reasons, though I had considered it at one point. Part of that has to do with what I've perceived as being an inconsistency in their messaging, and in turn, what seems to me like a lack of transparency. But of course, that's just my opinion. This issue doesn't affect me, so I don't really care...but if it's the that big of a deal, why not take something to an actual lab to have it tested. Burn tests can be misleading and inaccurate due to fabric/material blending, and a tailor eyeballing a fabric isn't necessarily the most reliable evidence either.
    I know very little about chemistry outside of the joke: "the name is bond. hydrogen bond". Hell, that's not even a joke, it's just this lame thing my 10th grade science teacher liked to say to himself when he thought we couldn't hear him.

    I digress -- would you know what kind of lab I should be looking for? Because I'm down to put in the effort and fund a proper study if that's an option. I just have no idea what to even look for. Textile lab?

  8. #28
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyLikey View Post
    I know very little about chemistry outside of the joke: "the name is bond. hydrogen bond". Hell, that's not even a joke, it's just this lame thing my 10th grade science teacher liked to say to himself when he thought we couldn't hear him.

    I digress -- would you know what kind of lab I should be looking for? Because I'm down to put in the effort and fund a proper study if that's an option. I just have no idea what to even look for. Textile lab?
    http://www.apparelsearch.com/testing_labs.htm

    Just from a quick search.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I guess I should have taken a leap of faith and realized that for every desire, there's already a thriving industry ready to meet it. This is very helpful though, thank you. I'm going to contact some of them in my state and see what their pricing and turnaround times look like.

  10. #30
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Well, keep everyone updated. I'm sure there are now a bunch of people who would be curious to know the results. I'm not at all invested in this, but I do like to see reasonable results and investigations prevail over witch hunts with no hard proof. Though, I will say that I agree, the burden of proof should be on CG, and the fact that they're reticent to post proof publicly when faced with accusations like this only strengthens my previous opinions about them.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •