Thread: Help! Brown shoes different shades

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Help! Brown shoes different shades

So this happened, and I hadn't noticed until I had arrived at school.

I had conditioned them 2 days ago and gave them a whole day to dry, as it was my first time conditioning a pair of shoes (I guess it shows, huh?) and wasn't sure how long it would take. I was aware that the conditioner would darken the color of the leather, which I actually liked the idea of.

Should I recondition the lighter shoe and hope it darkens this time? Should I remove the conditioning (if there is anyway to do that, not sure how that works)? Can I fix this by using brown polish?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi! I don't even notice the difference in the second pic! Then I looked at the first and realized that you weren't just seeing things you could try reconditioning the lighter one, it couldn't hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if this issue went away though after a couple of days of wear (sun, dirt, etc).

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1095 Post(s)
    I think some wear will help even out the color. I have this issue but with shining my shoes, one always seems shinier than the other. In all honesty most people will not notice, only you. I don't walk around looking that closely at peoples shoes so the only way I would be able to tell is if one shoe were brown and the other black.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Fair enough. I'll recondition them and see what happens. Thanks PapaD

And you have a point JBarwick; asked my uncles if they saw a difference and they said it's not noticeable unless you stare at them for a while. I guess I just have to get over it and not be conscious about it. Thanks for posting.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    I have the same problem. I just continue to wear them.