Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newt Scamander's Coat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Newt Scamander's Coat

Many of you have probably seen the photos from the upcoming movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. If not, you can see them here: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/fa...es-1201633419/

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a topcoat like the teal one that Newt Scamander wears?

Thanks!

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    510 Post(s)
    I'd look towards italy: Tomboloni, Lardini, etc. That or go fast-fashion and troll through H&M, Topshop, Zara, etc to see if they have one, because this may not be something you wanna drop serious coin on.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quoted
    189 Post(s)
    Agree with LosRockets -- while the teal looks amazing with the yellow-gold accent colors in this outfit, it's not going to be a staple wardrobe piece in your day to day life (unless you want to be known as "the guy with the teal coat"). What's really great about his outfit (besides the color) is the fit of his clothes -- impeccable. For the same look I would recommend dropping real money on a well-fitting coat in a similar style but in navy or black.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I would recommend that you should have a look at the Newt Scamander Coat version by USA Jacket. Although, they are selling in very cheap price but not the cheapest as other sellers. I have bought one from them that's why I can easily suggest them.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    426 Post(s)
    Are those Chippewa Service boots he is wearing in that pic?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hqmadness View Post
    I would recommend that you should have a look at the Newt Scamander Coat version by USA Jacket. Although, they are selling in very cheap price but not the cheapest as other sellers. I have bought one from them that's why I can easily suggest them.

Welcome to the forum, but there's nothing USA about that site, which makes me very suspicious as to the actual quality of the clothing. Are you affiliated with them?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    (unless you want to be known as "the guy with the teal coat"). What's really great about his outfit (besides the color)
    The problem for is not being known as the guy in the teal coat, but the guy in a Newt Salamander coat. It would be like wearing a costume.

I like the look of the scarfs Harry Potter wears, but I wouldn't get one that looked like his, for the same reason.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Closest I have seen, although in Navy. Stood out to me, but couldn't justify the cost. https://web.archive.org/web/20180131...blue-wool.html

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Popio View Post
    Many of you have probably seen the photos from the upcoming movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. If not, you can see them here: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/fa...es-1201633419/

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a topcoat like the teal one that Newt Scamander wears?

Thanks!
    This aughta do the trick: https://www.amazon.com/elope-Fantast...66691011&psd=1

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    426 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    A fairly priced!