Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Suggestions for forum

  1. #21
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1454 Post(s)
    @hatyra

    re: signature.

    Click on 'settings' at the top left of your screen.
    The click on 'edit signature' in about the middle of the page, on the left hand side of your screen.

    Cheers.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hatyra View Post
    I'd like to see the option of adding a signature to your posts. This is the only forum that I personally use that does not give you that option. I would also like to see a thumbs up, similar xender discord omegle to what styleforum uses.
    There's a thumbs up option in Tapatalk, fwiw. Not sure it actually shows up, though.

  3. #23
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    475 Post(s)
    Editing posts on mobile devices isn't possible. It automatically defaults to selecting the "delete post" radio button and no matter what you do, if you edit the post and click "submit" (or whatever the commit funciton is) it deletes.

    Any way to turn that default to deletion off and allow editing from mobile devices?
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

  4. #24
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    558 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Editing posts on mobile devices isn't possible. It automatically defaults to selecting the "delete post" radio button and no matter what you do, if you edit the post and click "submit" (or whatever the commit funciton is) it deletes.

    Any way to turn that default to deletion off and allow editing from mobile devices?
    You can use tapatalk. It allows editing and direct uploading from your phone.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

  5. #25
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    475 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    You can use tapatalk. It allows editing and direct uploading from your phone.
    It also has an embedded keystroke logger running even when tapatalk isnt open.

  6. #26
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    558 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    It also has an embedded keystroke logger running even when tapatalk isnt open.
    Give in. Resistance is futile.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

  7. #27
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    475 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Give in. Resistance is futile.


    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

  8. #28
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1454 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    It also has an embedded keystroke logger running even when tapatalk isnt open.
    Err, can you expand on this? I have the app on my phone and am not keen on being tracked...

  9. #29
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    475 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Err, can you expand on this? I have the app on my phone and am not keen on being tracked...
    company claims the keylogger is limited to what you type when using the app, so they can aggregate/sell that to targeted advertising (amazon, google, etc).

    independent research has shown the app to be actively sending unknown encrypted data when the app is not running, leading many to assess that the keystroke logger function runs when not utilizing the app itself. what it records, what it stores, and what it sends during that time is unknown (so at least it's encrypted, i suppose).
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

  10. #30
    Varsity Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,576
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    509 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    company claims the keylogger is limited to what you type when using the app, so they can aggregate/sell that to targeted advertising (amazon, google, etc).

    independent research has shown the app to be actively sending unknown encrypted data when the app is not running, leading many to assess that the keystroke logger function runs when not utilizing the app itself. what it records, what it stores, and what it sends during that time is unknown (so at least it's encrypted, i suppose).
    source?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •