Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other car guys in here? Does your car match your style?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Ha! I wish! My current commuter vehicle is the Chicago Public Transit.

My previous vehicle was an '04 Grand Cherokee. It definitely didn't match my style. I'm not the outdoorsy type, but I sure loved that Jeep. If I had a choice now, I'd probably opt for something German: Clean lines, understated, yet handsome.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    I'm still driving the 2002 Toyota 4Runner my Dad gave me while I was in college... in 2005.

So, it is an extension of my style in that it is old. Unfortunately nobody thinks of old 4Runners as a vintage conversation piece. Which is a shame because by all accounts (including my own) these things are freaking tanks. I took it to the shop last month and found the spark plugs had gone out. When were they last changed? Oh, never. How long should they have lasted? 3-6 years. That is like a pair of Stafford shoes going the distance with a pair of AE's, in my book.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    Like Jeff P above, my current mode of transportation is the NYC subway system. I do still own my two other toys that never get driven. 09 WRB Sti and 89 Guards Red 930. It's safe to say I have a thing for flat engines and turbos. And if anything says "I like to peacock a little bit" it's a bright blue Subaru with gold wheels.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)
    Daily drive a 2008 cadillac STS
    2002 corvette z06
    1997 Mazda Miata
    1995 Jeep Wrangler

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)
    I'd say my latest car an 2012 Audi A4 matches my style. Simple classy and refined. I am pretty picky with cars as they have to feel right. When you have the right car or clothing it feels just right. I like practicality but the car has to be fun to drive.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Current car(s): 2011 Camaro RS/SS, 2003 Saturn Ion (daily beater, got it for free pretty much)

Previous cars:

2007 Corvette Z51
    2006 RSX Type-S
    1996 Toyota Supra TT (in Japan)
    1995 Skyline GTS-T (in Japan)
    1991 Ford Explorer Sport

My next vehicle purchase is probably going to be one of those new Indian Scouts. But car-wise, I'd like to get myself into a C6 Z06 (I love Corvettes), or a Stingray.

Not sure if my cars really match my personality or image, but I'm a meatheady-looking, tattooed Asian, so yeah, I get some funny looks sometimes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)
    Was, up until earlier this year, driving the same car for 16 years. 1990 Toyota Celica GT, liftback, in Mazdaspeed Red (metallic with very fine yellow flakes).

I figured it matched my style -- looks good without being flashy, sleek design and long-lasting quality. Had to give her up after someone ran into her and the cost of fixing her, plus the few thousand in maintenance needs she'd accumulated, meant it didn't make sense to keep her. Went from a Toyota to a Lexus, an IS 300 in Spectra Blue Mica. Still have the long-lasting quality, but a bit of an upgrade in materials (reflecting my clothing evolution) and cost.

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2144 Post(s)
    Not a car guy at all. Currently driving the same Ford Focus I've owned for the past 10 years. Before that I drove a 1990 Jeep Cherokee, a hand-me-down from my grandma. Looking at buying something with AWD, maybe a CR-V or some kind of Subaru....

My mom is the only "car guy" in our family, she drives an Audi A5 Quattro convertible and her "fun" car (i.e. bottomless money pit) is a '57 T-Bird hardtop convertible.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think my AEs look best hanging out of my Jeep Wrangler with the doors removed. Definitely matches my style.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    My style is "I don't try to blend in."
    My car is a red mini cooper. It definitely matches my obsession with donning a pocket square everyday.