Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $100 JCrew Alfred Sargent Shoes

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Can anyone speak to how the last/sizing compares to say, AE 5 last shoes? Or any other reference/sizing point? I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on those blue ones, but since they're final sale, I'm hesitant to spend the cash on them without being a little more comfortable about how they fit. I'm a true 8D is most shoes (to include most AEs).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    725 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    Can anyone speak to how the last/sizing compares to say, AE 5 last shoes? Or any other reference/sizing point? I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on those blue ones, but since they're final sale, I'm hesitant to spend the cash on them without being a little more comfortable about how they fit. I'm a true 8D is most shoes (to include most AEs).
    if you talk to customer service, they'll waive final sale. that's what i did. have 8D's on the way in the blue...but i am a 7.5D in all AE's.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)
    I went to the Lenox Mall location in Atlanta.
    Smooth leather (e.g. Calfskin) generally has a greater variance of quality than suede does. So I normally wouldn't shell out as much for suede as I would for smooth leather.
    The suede on these is very soft and also happen to be very "short"/low to the shoe like a low rise carpet.