Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slim / Skinny Shorts Discussion & Comparison Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chiconice View Post
    Bonobos 9" chino shorts have the perfect slim fit and the perfect inseam above the knee. 7" will probably be better for my height but I can't do it, I have chicken legs. They are my favorite shorts. I don't like wearing shorts but the heat of Houston kill me.
    Very interesting. Would you be willing to take a few measurements? I just measured the BR Aiden shorts in case anyone is interested. Here's the album: the waist is 32.

And yes, for the more observant, the crotch is stained - thinking about either trying to just bleach them or dye them navy, but I'm not really sure it's worth my time. (The how-it-happened is unfortunately quite mundane.)
    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    What measurements are you looking for? Bonobos has the ninga hotline, theyprobably give you better details and also I have the chino B' Knees, they are not available anymore. I'm 5'7 147 pounds size 30 waist and unfortunately with chicken legs

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)
    J Crew Staunton shorts are pretty great too. I like the 7" ones. I have them in navy linen and chino and wear both constantly in the summer/spring. I'm like 6' 180 with a 33 in waist and chicken legs and they definitely don't billow or anything.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)
    If yu're looking for something less spendy, the Banana Republic Factory "City Short" has a nice slim fit. I haven't tried the Aiden short, but do wear and love a paper of the Chinos. The City Short is marginally wider than the Aiden through the thigh. Very marginally.

I also just picked up a couple of pairs of Uniqlo Chino shorts and really like the fit. The sizing is annoying (Small is labeled 27-30), but in most major brands a 29 inch waist is too tight on me and a 30 is just a shade too loose, and the small fits perfectly. The colors are great too. I've got a pale yellow and a kind of faded Nantucket red.