Thread: Ludlow Alternatives?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ludlow Alternatives?

Like many of you here I am very partial to the look and fit of Ludlow Blazers. I am not however partial to the price. I like to scour eBay for Blazers but it can be difficult to find my size (42L) in the style and condition I am looking for. Also, it would be great to add some variety to my collection.

In any case, what alternatives are there out there that are comparable to my favorite jacket? I should mention that I am at the upper edges of a 42L, and probably would be better served in a Crosby due to my build, so keep that in mind when/if you make suggestions. 2 button, notch lapel, slim but not tight fit.

Thanks!

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    What styles do you already have? If you've got a more athletic build and think the Crosby works better for you then basically that means any more normal-fitting jacket will look better on you than the Ludlow (which I have a lot of disdain for). Have you looked a Spier & Mackay? Unfortunately they dont' do long sizes yet but their cut is the same as the Suit Supply havana and the price point is really good (prices on their website are Canadian). You'll have to size up but the Italian brands (Boglioli, LBM 1911, Cantarelli) would all be good to look at though none come cheap even on Ebay. What's your budget?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I have never paid full price for any of my ludlows. I've either caught them when they go on sale or snagged then on eBay, sometimes event new with tags. Ive never paid more than say $200 and have gotten them as low as $70. I realize that's a tight budget so I'd most likely be headed the eBay route.

Ideally I can find something that I can try on for size locally and then fire away on eBay with confidence that it will fit when it arrives. I'm in CT and am far from a style expert so I have to be honest in saying I'm not very familiar with the styles your mentioned. Jcrew is accessible and familiar so it has been my go to.