Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Slim Fit Pants for Work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Best Slim Fit Pants for Work?

Hey guys,

New to the forums but I've been an avid reader for 1-2 years now. This question has probably been answered but didn't really know how to search for the topic.

I'm currently about to start my full-time job in an office setting and I was just wondering if any of you guys had recommendations for trousers/pants you guys wear to work everyday. I'm fairly skinny (5'8"/140lbs) so most of my suiting is from J. Crew and I still tailor the pants. I was just wondering if anyone had any other specific brands or pants that are comfortable & affordable that you wear during your work weeks.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by waw121; May 13th, 2015 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I haven't found a pair that fits perfect off the rack yet. Are you wearing chinos or slacks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Slacks. I've definitely never found a pair that fits perfectly either - especially since I'm skinny in my legs (calves to ankles) so I always need to get that tapered in a bit.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    BR Modern Slim Fit pants are quite slim and affordable. Also Express would probably have something that is what you are looking for. They have some very slim stuff.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Gap tailored fit slacks. Honestly, the best pair of slim fitting work pants I've owned. I'm 6' 170lbs, and the fit is great. They don't look really slim on the model, but they are pretty slim. Slimmer than the BR modern. Also, JCrew Factory "Drigg" model pants are slim. Like, super slim. I tried on a pair of 32x32 in the Driggs and they were damn near skinny jeans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I see, I'll definitely look into those. Right now, I've been wearing a pair of JCrew Bowery Slim pants and they're pretty good - still had to get them tailored but they're comfortable. Just trying to see if there are some cheaper pair of pants out there (so when I add tailoring to them it's not incredibly expensive) or possibly pants that might just actually fit my build *fingers crossed*

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zcm View Post
    BR Modern Slim Fit pants are quite slim and affordable. Also Express would probably have something that is what you are looking for. They have some very slim stuff.
    I'll second the BR Modern Slim non-iron pants (slacks). I just picked up a pair, then went back for two more colors. I wanted to give my chinos an occasional break and these are almost prefect.

They're 100% cotton, the non-iron is legit, and they fit really well - more true to size than their Aiden chinos.

mistabutters
    J. Crew Bowery Slim are slim but still office appropriate. I personally wouldn't go slimmer for work.

When you say you still tailor the pants do you mean you are still tapering the Ludlow Slim pants?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    298 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff P. View Post
    Gap tailored fit slacks. Honestly, the best pair of slim fitting work pants I've owned. I'm 6' 170lbs, and the fit is great. They don't look really slim on the model, but they are pretty slim. Slimmer than the BR modern. Also, JCrew Factory "Drigg" model pants are slim. Like, super slim. I tried on a pair of 32x32 in the Driggs and they were damn near skinny jeans.
    Haven't the tailored slim chinos been discontinued? I've worn them almost exclusively for the last two years, but when I tried to buy more a couple of weeks ago there were only a couple of colors available, and none in my size. Very disappointing.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by facelessghost View Post
    Haven't the tailored slim chinos been discontinued? I've worn them almost exclusively for the last two years, but when I tried to buy more a couple of weeks ago there were only a couple of colors available, and none in my size. Very disappointing.
    I'm not sure if the chinos have been discontinued? I have three pair of them in the dressier line. Two in a lightweight cotton khaki, and one pair of charcoal wool. I'll wear the wool ones for work, and wear the cotton khaki during the spring and summer for work and weekends. They look great dressed up or down. I wear them a lot with tennis shoes and t shirts.

Also try the JCrew Urban slim. Those may be at the top of your budget, but JCrew does run sales, and there's always eBay.