Thread: Which Navy Suit Supply Napoli to buy?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Which Navy Suit Supply Napoli to buy?

I'm looking to buy my first navy suit from Suit Supply $400 Blue Line.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits...ne&prefv1=Blue

Which color is the most versatile? I eliminated the electric blue and the striped ones and am looking at the remaining two blues. The darker one has S110 wool from Vitale, and the lighter one has wool from Reda.

Any input on color and fabric material since the two wools are different?

Thanks for your help.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)
    If it's your first and only navy suit, you'll get more mileage out of the darker one.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)
    I have found the items I have from Suit Supply are lighter than what I was imagining from their website pictures. I would go with the darker one as well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I haven't looked recently but know that a few weeks ago sizes were really limited in most of the Napoli blues. I really love that true or electric blue suit but they only have 40R stocked. You might want to check the size availability and see if that limits your options.

Edit:

Removed the quoted material. Didn't mean to quote JBarwick but the OP, @mastersteak.
    Last edited by ForeverGuest; May 4th, 2015 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    appreciate all your input. went with the darker suit. they had my size, too,

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1104 Post(s)
    With Suit Supply I always order 2 sizes just in case. Also hope your legs fit into pants...SuSu tends to have narrow legs and some of us don't skip leg day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    With Suit Supply I always order 2 sizes just in case. Also hope your legs fit into pants...SuSu tends to have narrow legs and some of us don't skip leg day
    I'm really worried about that, too. I have huge thighs (Leg day three times a week). Doesn't seem like Suit Supply allows me to choose a bigger pant size.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I'm a fan of the napoli plain navy, but that's mainly because of this....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I ordered both the Napoli Navy and the York Blue (link below). York has a slightly lower button stance than the Napoli. I think Napoli is above the waist line and the York at the waistline. This makes the suit a little more roomy in the waist- which could require the suit to be taken in more at the tailor. The shoulders on the York are slightly narrower- I thought the Napoli seemed too wide on me and I have broad shoulders. Perhaps the padding just over emphasized it. I also found the York pants slightly roomier in the rear and legs. Not much but enough to notice.

Anyway, I prefer the color on the York suit. When I think of a suit for business, I think of a midnight Navy which is almost black. The York is lighter than this, but it is still a dark navy. I don't think it would ever be mistaken for black. On the other hand, the Napoli Navy was lighter. Think a pair of Navy khakis. Certainly a Navy blue but not very dark. This is splitting hairs, but based on color alone, I would choose the York.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits...1=Classic-York
    Last edited by NJ Bears Fan; May 5th, 2015 at 12:07 AM. Reason: forgot link