Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spier & Mackay Shirts: First Impressions

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Not to hijack the thread, but while Rick is around, I wanted to just say how impressed I am with the quality of the Spier and Mackay sport coat I ordered a few weeks ago. The value you offer for quality garments is unmatched. When do you expect to offer some new sport coats? Something in Donegal or even a Harris tweed this fall would be amazing.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMAc7 View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but while Rick is around, I wanted to just say how impressed I am with the quality of the Spier and Mackay sport coat I ordered a few weeks ago. The value you offer for quality garments is unmatched. When do you expect to offer some new sport coats? Something in Donegal or even a Harris tweed this fall would be amazing.
    Thanks for the praise! Hope you are enjoying the Sportcoat. New Sportcoats are scheduled to arrive the first week of May. Already looking for FW fabrics. Tweed is on the Radar. Stay turned!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Has anyone had an issue with spier and Mackay shirts shrinking? I know on their website it explains only 1 to 3% but my experience with shrinking was much different

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack7 View Post
    Has anyone had an issue with spier and Mackay shirts shrinking? I know on their website it explains only 1 to 3% but my experience with shrinking was much different
    Shrinkage depends on fabric to fabric. The average is 1 - 3%. Also how the shirt was washed/dried. Do you know what fabric it was and how it was washed?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Hopefully, this isn't a dumb question, but what is the minimum quantity required to get the SM bundle price? Is it anything more than a single shirt? I might be missing it, but I couldn't find the answer on the SM website.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boys Husky View Post
    Hopefully, this isn't a dumb question, but what is the minimum quantity required to get the SM bundle price? Is it anything more than a single shirt? I might be missing it, but I couldn't find the answer on the SM website.
    3 shirts. Should be mentioned in the category headers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack7 View Post
    I've been washing my oxford cloth button down on cold, and hang drying. I haven't noticed mine shrinking at all, so I'm guessing it's been within the 1-3%.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Casual observation: there are a crapton of Texans on this forum. Who ever said the Lone Star State lacked style needs a swift kick in the groin!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Have to throw in my two cents here, as I got a mult-buy OTR shirt order from Spier and Mackay yesterday. In short, fantastic shirts, especially for the money. I'm 5'9ish and about 190, athletic build, and the 16" contemporary fit are almost perfect. Construction and details are spot on as well - the oxford I got is the best I've tried (compared to uniqlo, lands end, jcrew/jcf, bonobos, banana, gap, etc). I won't be going anywhere else for dress shirts or casual button downs. In addition, the two suits I have from them (from their earlier suiting line) are incredible as well, and I will be purchasing a navy to round out the two greys in the near future.