Thread: $285 Voyager Thompson at JCF . . . is that as low as it's going to get?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

$285 Voyager Thompson at JCF . . . is that as low as it's going to get?

JCF is currently running a 30% off sale that drops the Thompson wool suits down to $285. I need a suit for a wedding in late June. Is that as good as it's going to get, or should I hold out?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    283 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Rex Bishop View Post
    JCF is currently running a 30% off sale that drops the Thompson wool suits down to $285. I need a suit for a wedding in late June. Is that as good as it's going to get, or should I hold out?
    It dropped to about $200 last month with the Gilt coupon. With an additional coupons.com rebate (that actually worked), I got mine for about $165. Unfortunately, neither the jacket nor the pants fit, so back it went. Seemed like a nice suit, though. If it fit, I would have been willing to pay more than $200 for it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    Yeah I bought both colors in the Golt City deal for about $400 total. Don't know if or when that deal will ever come around again. I'd say of you can get it in the mid $200s, you did pretty well.

Nice suits by the way. Fabric is pretty textured, but they are very wrinkle resistant.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    No exchanges with the coupon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by facelessghost View Post
    It dropped to about $200 last month with the Gilt coupon. With an additional coupons.com rebate (that actually worked), I got mine for about $165. Unfortunately, neither the jacket nor the pants fit, so back it went. Seemed like a nice suit, though. If it fit, I would have been willing to pay more than $200 for it.
    what kind of lining it is? poly? curpo? bemberg?

Thanks!
    New York based Beijinger, Beijing based New Yorker

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    Got an email from JCF for 30% off everything today - didn't see a suit exclusion, so it might be worth a try.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    what kind of lining it is? poly? curpo? bemberg?

Thanks!
    Thompson suits are lined in Acetate. It is a fairly thin, breathable material made from wood pulp. Not on the level of bemberg but more comfortable than polyester. As a consequence of better breathability, it does absorb moisture some.

I have found the lining very comfortable and keeps the Thompson wool suits wearable even in a Texas summer (but then, we have high tolerance for warmth down here).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperTexan View Post
    Thompson suits are lined in Acetate. It is a fairly thin, breathable material made from wood pulp. Not on the level of bemberg but more comfortable than polyester. As a consequence of better breathability, it does absorb moisture some.

I have found the lining very comfortable and keeps the Thompson wool suits wearable even in a Texas summer (but then, we have high tolerance for warmth down here).
    Thanks, recently moved from New York to Beijing. I found the weather here is Texas-warm. It may hit 100F in next week.
    Maybe I should go a linen suit straight ahead.
    New York based Beijinger, Beijing based New Yorker