Thread: Candles for the bachelor pad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Candles for the bachelor pad?

In the process of upgrading my living space and was looking to buy candles with scents that lean masculine. Can anyone recommend good brands/online stores to purchase from? Thanks.

Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2112 Post(s)
    Candles, like most fragrance items, are the sort of thing I'd buy in-person. Three different candles with the same fragrance description (let's say, tobacco and vanilla) can smell VERY different from each other. To the extent that you might find one delightful and another repulsive. Some of the fragrances I'm drawn to can very easily get sickly-smelling if not executed well.

Just sniff around and buy ones you like. I've bought scented candles at Target, World Market, TJ Maxx, fancier ones at local gift shops, etc. If you have a nicer department store you might find brands like Diptyque along with the regular fragrance section. I prefer to get rather small ones as I tend to get bored of the same scent and I like to switch them up seasonally.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Candles, like most fragrance items, are the sort of thing I'd buy in-person. Three different candles with the same fragrance description (let's say, tobacco and vanilla) can smell VERY different from each other. To the extent that you might find one delightful and another repulsive. Some of the fragrances I'm drawn to can very easily get sickly-smelling if not executed well.

Just sniff around and buy ones you like. I've bought scented candles at Target, World Market, TJ Maxx, fancier ones at local gift shops, etc. If you have a nicer department store you might find brands like Diptyque along with the regular fragrance section. I prefer to get rather small ones as I tend to get bored of the same scent and I like to switch them up seasonally.
    Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Check out http://www.paddywax.com. I really like their patchouli/tobacco scent and the John Steinbeck in the library collection. The are good fall/winter scents. In the spring/summer months I enjoy Malaysian bamboo or Japanese quince from http://www.sedafrance.com. YMMV of course.