Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seen any good movies lately?

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2051 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I watched Spectre recently too, I don't know how I feel about it yet. I'm going to reserve judgment until I watch it a second time I think.
    Yeah it didn't leave much of an impression on me.
    Ben

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Finally saw some movies I've been meaning to watch. Enjoyed Sicario and Black Coal, Thin Ice (the story of the latter is frustratingly good, as in, it's real, and not storybook). The cinematography of the Black Coal, Thin Ice will be really appealing to film buffs. Also watched another foreign flick which I didn't like as much and had a dragging third act, but for dark humor and mild suspense, A Hard Day is a decent rec from Korea. Favorite movie I've seen recently is probably Ex Machina (yes, I'm playing catch up).

In theaters recently: Really really liked the new Star Wars, and I'm not a fan of the series as a whole, so that's saying something I guess.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    @LosRockets I saw Sicario not too long ago, and really enjoyed it. The whole prisoner transfer scene really sticks out in my mind. It was just awesomely intense.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Saw Deadpool on Sunday night with the lady. I'm not a big superhero/comic book fan, but I've seen a couple of the X-Men a few of the related ones. Very funny and I'm sure there will be at least one sequel.

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation.

I knew what I was getting in to before the movie started. Sometimes an action Jackson movie where one can turn their brains off is the way to go.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    @LosRockets I saw Sicario not too long ago, and really enjoyed it. The whole prisoner transfer scene really sticks out in my mind. It was just awesomely intense.
    Sicario was the first movie I had been stoked to see in a long time. I also was equally stoked for deadpool. Despite high expectations for both, I was not disappointed. Bothe were excellent. I'm always a sucker for cartel stories, too. So Sicario would have had to have been pretty bad for me not to have enjoyed it. It's my second favorite cartel themed film to End of Watch.
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burban View Post
    Saw Deadpool on Sunday night with the lady. I'm not a big superhero/comic book fan, but I've seen a couple of the X-Men a few of the related ones. Very funny and I'm sure there will be at least one sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    Sicario was the first movie I had been stoked to see in a long time. I also was equally stoked for deadpool. Despite high expectations for both, I was not disappointed. Bothe were excellent. I'm always a sucker for cartel stories, too. So Sicario would have had to have been pretty bad for me not to have enjoyed it. It's my second favorite cartel themed film to End of Watch.
    I have Sicario downloaded on my iPad for my next trip where I'm not working the entire train/flight, very excited to see it. Deadpool I may need to see as well, since I'm a comic movie nerd and rather enjoy Ryan Reynolds characters across the board (but still damn him for taking Blake Lively off the market!). Not sure whether to try to get my girlfriend to see Deadpool or find time on my own to go... thoughts?

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I have Sicario downloaded on my iPad for my next trip where I'm not working the entire train/flight, very excited to see it. Deadpool I may need to see as well, since I'm a comic movie nerd and rather enjoy Ryan Reynolds characters across the board (but still damn him for taking Blake Lively off the market!). Not sure whether to try to get my girlfriend to see Deadpool or find time on my own to go... thoughts?
    I think deadpool did a great job of appealing to a broad audience. Also, the ladies seem to like Ryan Reynolds. So I'd say take her.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    I'm always a sucker for cartel stories, too. So Sicario would have had to have been pretty bad for me not to have enjoyed it.
    I loved Sicario too. Have you seen Cartel Land? If you're into documentaries, it's pretty fascinating.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boys Husky View Post
    I loved Sicario too. Have you seen Cartel Land? If you're into documentaries, it's pretty fascinating.
    No I haven't. I'll have to check it out. Another one I'm meaning to watch is Savages. I just recently found out it was about cartels. It got pretty bad reviews, but I still might give it a shot.
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA