Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: What podcasts are you listening to?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    New Hardcore History out today

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joekloo View Post
    Hey Carlitos - you might also like Listen In Podcasts - he interviews songwriters about lyrics. Really well produced. Joe
    Thanks. And wow there are a lot of them! I liked the one on Fixx - Red Skies at Night.

On the fashion note, there is a new George Hahn podcast out now. He hasn't been updating his podcast much in recent years. It's part one of a two-part interview he did with someone from NPR.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    I've been working my way through some of the archives of the BBC's In Our Time podcast - really well-done panel-style discussions of various historical, scientific, literary, musical, etc. topics.
    “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
    "The mood will pass, sir.”

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    I am a huge fan of The Cine-Files podcast with Steve Morris and John Rocha. Great breakdowns of films that are at least 10 years old. Definitely recommended.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    There haven't been any good podcast episodes lately. Most are just run of the mill and I have went back and listened to older interviews that are sometimes mentioned. Also since my podcast list is piling up, I have a lower burden to skip an episode if I don't really care for the topic but like the podcaster.

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1378 Post(s)
    I think I have reached peak podcast. I cannot listen to any more. In fact that ones that I do have on my list I can't get to.

Also, I'm finding the quality to be hit and miss now. Everyone and their brother seems to be putting out a podcast now. But separating the wheat from the chaff takes time and patience. Something I'm quickly running out of!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I think I have reached peak podcast. I cannot listen to any more. In fact that ones that I do have on my list I can't get to.

Also, I'm finding the quality to be hit and miss now. Everyone and their brother seems to be putting out a podcast now. But separating the wheat from the chaff takes time and patience. Something I'm quickly running out of!
    Same. I am now only taking book and podcast recommendations from trusting sources.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)
    I saw the post on dappered.com and thought I'd add a couple of new ones that I really like.

American Scandal did a series on the Exxon Valdez spill.
    "Behind the Bastards" is a look at infamous characters in history and modern times. There is a comedian on each episode; I found the second KKK episode to be completely hilarious, which seems counter intuitive.
    "The Dream" takes an inside look at pyramid schemes aka "multi-level marketing" - from the history to today's big MLM companies.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    So I started listening to the Conan O'Brien podcast and it is worth a listen. The ad breaks are meh but everything else is pretty funny. I have found myself laughing out loud while running.

I did not watch his show much but the podcast has reeled me in.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    I've really been enjoying NPR's "White Lies"