Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: What podcasts are you listening to?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Would you guys listen to a dappered podcast? http://dappered.com/2016/02/do-you-w...pered-podcast/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Honestly I'd rather Joe to just open up the comments on the articles. I think would be more interesting and spark more discussion. I've never been able to get into fashion podcasts as I find them to be a bit boring.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1458 Post(s)
    Just started listening to The Black Tapes. Kind of a creepy horror show podcast deal. I wasn't sure that I'd like it, but I'm getting in to it.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1458 Post(s)
    Just caught the teaser for the podcast Alice Isn't Dead.

The show is put on the same people who do Welcome to Nightvale. Based on the teaser this podcast seems quite interesting. Will definitely give it a listen.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    @DocDave, your inexhaustible appetite for podcasts is truly impressive. I'm probably at 120% podcast capacity (I'm basically inventing chores and trying to fit them in whenever possible). If a new compelling one came along (like Alice Isn't Dead...thanks a lot DocDave), I'm not sure what I would (will) do.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Oh, and here's another plug for The Memory Palace. These imaginative vignettes of historical characters (some you've heard of, most you haven't) are fascinating, often moving, and thought-provoking.

Host Nate Dimeo has really been hitting his stride lately. His descriptive prose really puts you there. His stories are full-fleshed and human and the stakes are palpable.

The last five or so have been uniformly great and some of the best work he has done. I've caught up on the back catalog and there is a lot of great stuff there, but if you're new to the podcast, just check out recent episode The Wheel and see if he doesn't just suck you in too.

Some may recognize Nate Dimeo from guest voiced Charlie Manson throughout the Charles Manson's Hollywood on You Must Remember This. His show is nothing like that one - except it is also great.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    I just recently started listening to the "Hidden History of Los Angeles" podcast. It's obviously a bit of a niche area, but it's very well produced, super interesting, and comes in fairly quick bites, with most episodes being in the 15 minute range.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1458 Post(s)
    @redbeardedmike Ha! Well if you've been following any of my postings of late, you'll notice that there have be NO updates to the 'what are you reading' post. That's because all of my time is now going in to podcasts. I definitely need to scale back what I'm listening to.

I keep hoping one of them will jump the shark so I can kill it, but so far that hasn't happened.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I'm am avid podcast listener and am curious to know what podcasts other people find enjoyable. My favourites include:
    • The American Life
    • Welcome to Night Vale
    • Planet Money
    • Q from CBC Radio
    I listen to The Fighter and The Kid and Joe Rogan Experience.
    Don't be afraid of dressing up...please.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1458 Post(s)
    The Fighter and The Kid are new ones to me. What are they about?