Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What podcasts are you listening to?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfs View Post
    how did this get made: a couple of the guys from The League and wife talk about bad movies. I love watching terrible movies, so this one is right up my alley. really works better if you've seen the movie they're reviewing before you listen to each episode.
    The only episode of How Did This Get Made I've heard was a live episode in which they discussed "Rhinestone" starring Sylvester Stallone and Dolly Parton. It was so damn funny I embarrassed myself multiple times by laughing aloud (hard) on the train. Thanks for reminding me of this one - I'll have to go back and check out some more episodes.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    Invisiblia is fascinating. If you like Radiolab, you'll like Invisibilia

Yeah, took a pass on this one. I tried it, but something about the podcast just didn't sit right with me. Too bad too as I really enjoy Radiolab.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am a big fan of the Nerdist podcast with Chris Hardwick, as well as How Did This Get Made (as previously mentioned by others) as well as The Vergecast (tech) and Checkered Flag Formula 1 (I am a big F1 racing fan). Ten Minute Podcast has also had me cracking up a number of times (comedy).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Art of Manliness- his interviews with authors are really well done. You can tell that the host is prepared.
    You are Not So Smart- podcast companion to blog about the science of self delusion
    (another vote for) Hardcore History by Dan Carlin- LONG and well researched history podcast
    The History of Rome- 100+ episode on the rise and fall of Rome
    Freakonimics- if you like the books
    Spycast From the Int'l Spy Museumn
    Football Ramble- soccer podcast from UK, heavy on English leagues but pretty funny
    Puck Podcast- weekly hockey podcast, thorough
    Shutdown Fullcast- College football, kind of SEC heavy.
    Worst Episode Ever- simpsons podcast about the worst simpsons episodes
    10 American Presidents- only one episode out now, but it is a 2hr plus episode with Dan Carlin detailing Richard Nixon. very well done

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    @auronblue what's the Vergecast like? Does it just discuss latest tech trends - like the iWatch for example - or does it get in to stories about security breaches and whatnot?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Based on this thread, I listened to a couple episodes of How Did This Get Made. Fast and Furious and Mortal Kombat. This is right up my alley. It's Mystery Science Theater and movie conversations with my friends. I am a little disappointed however. I wish it was a bit more polished. You can't make a comment funny by just prefacing it with "Fucken ..." all the time. It gets hard to follow with everybody talking all at once and they often don't finish their sentences because the words escape them and rely on the audience or each other to finish. They do a bit of research but I guess I got used to How Stuff Works level of research.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    Lovin' this week's Radiolab...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @auronblue what's the Vergecast like? Does it just discuss latest tech trends - like the iWatch for example - or does it get in to stories about security breaches and whatnot?
    The short answer is yes. They are a weekly podcast that covers all kinds of tech trends and topics. From CES coverage, to net neutrality, to devices, and other items. It pretty much runs the full gamut.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    Good to know. I'll have to check it out.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudgelife View Post
    The History of Rome- 100+ episode on the rise and fall of Rome
    Just downloaded half a dozen episodes, this sounds awesome. Thanks for the recommendation.
    “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
    "The mood will pass, sir.”