Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: What podcasts are you listening to?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    I've also enjoyed the Peter Attia Drive as well. He and his guests are able to talk about technical or complex topics in a very accessible way.

A few months ago, I was stressed at work and having trouble falling asleep, which is not usually a problem for me. Sleep With Me was recommended, and now I prefer it as I drift off. It is intentionally full of non-sequiturs and ramblings by the host, whose voice is best described, as he does, as "creaky, dulcet tones". Your brain doesn't have to follow a story and can just float into sleep.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Good Place podcast, bros.

About to break into the Bitter Southerner podcast because I've heard it's pretty top shelf.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    My wife really likes The Good Place podcast too.

She also recently recommended Dr. Death which is a short series about an under trained and overconfident surgeon.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrake View Post
    My wife really likes The Good Place podcast too.

She also recently recommended Dr. Death which is a short series about an under trained and overconfident surgeon.
    +1 for Dr. Death. Good series. The episodes couldn't be released fast enough.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1399 Post(s)
    Dr. Death hey? Cool. I've never heard of it. I'll have to check it out.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Dubs View Post
    +1 for Dr. Death. Good series. The episodes couldn't be released fast enough.
    I binged this when I was on an overseas trip before Christmas and it was good. I still can't figure this one out, sociopath or just completely inept? I also listened to all the Happy Face episodes as well and that was good if you like that sort of podcast. Which brings to another sad point, why do I listen to these (throw in Dirty John and Serial), sometimes I creep myself out with what I choose to listen to.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Twenty Thousand Hertz is a podcast that details the history of sounds (like the Xbox startup sound, the NBC chimes or 8-bit videogame music).

Song Exploder has artists explaining track by track how a song was built. There are more than 150 episodes; originally, I was only going to listen to the songs that I knew, but I find them absolutely compelling even when it's Fleet Foxes or some other artist that I know little about.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
    Twenty Thousand Hertz is a podcast that details the history of sounds (like the Xbox startup sound, the NBC chimes or 8-bit videogame music).

Song Exploder has artists explaining track by track how a song was built. There are more than 150 episodes; originally, I was only going to listen to the songs that I knew, but I find them absolutely compelling even when it's Fleet Foxes or some other artist that I know little about.
    Hey Carlitos - you might also like Listen In Podcasts - he interviews songwriters about lyrics. Really well produced. Joe

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1399 Post(s)
    Ok, binged Dr. Death this weekend. Awesome. Thanks for the recommendation.

My next podcast of choice right now? Last Seen. All about a famous art heist that happened in Boston in 1990 that is still unsolved. A fascinating listen. Highly recommended.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1048 Post(s)
    I started listening to the music podcast Dissect. I love how he breaks down an album song by song but I have to listen to it on 1x instead of my standard 1.5x which takes longer...also my podcast queue is getting longer just like my book queue.