Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What podcasts are you listening to?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    No new podcasts but I have moved up from 1.0x to 1.5x speed and feel ashamed for not doing this sooner. Guests on podcasts have a tendency to speak quicker so that can be tough but the normal speaker (author?) on podcasts has defined their pace and speeding them up is great. Maybe now I will return to hardcore history

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1458 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    No new podcasts but I have moved up from 1.0x to 1.5x speed and feel ashamed for not doing this sooner. Guests on podcasts have a tendency to speak quicker so that can be tough but the normal speaker (author?) on podcasts has defined their pace and speeding them up is great. Maybe now I will return to hardcore history
    Yeah, I've been doing this on many of my podcasts for quite some time now. Certainly helps to get through more podcasts.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    I'm thinking I need to give the speed adjustment a try. I feel like such a slacker with all of your guys talking about educational podcasts when all of the ones I listen to are comedy. I might give ones like radiolab and hardcore history another chance at a faster speed.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    I'm thinking I need to give the speed adjustment a try. I feel like such a slacker with all of your guys talking about educational podcasts when all of the ones I listen to are comedy. I might give ones like radiolab and hardcore history another chance at a faster speed.
    I am not a fan of increasing the speed of podcasts, and I really don't see the point to it. I listen to podcasts as a leisure activity that I do because I want to, not because I have to. No need to rush through it.

Also, Radiolab is a great one. I definitely recommend giving it another shot.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    I'll second Radiolab. The one on Bernie Madoff was fascinating.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1458 Post(s)
    @Deke Radiolab is a good. I rarely bail on an episode. Sames goes for Planet Money. Now This American Life on the other hand, I pick and choose those topics.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Two new podcasts that I've started listening to are Ear Hustle and Mogul. Ear Hustle is produced by San Quentin prisoners and shares their stories some are light--others, not so much.

Mogul is about the life and death of Chris Lighty, a Def Jam Records (I think?) executive who committed suicide in 2012. The first 2-3 episodes have focused significantly on the birth and evolution of hip hop - a topic I would have thought I would find interesting, but it's good.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Dubs View Post
    I am not a fan of increasing the speed of podcasts, and I really don't see the point to it. I listen to podcasts as a leisure activity that I do because I want to, not because I have to. No need to rush through it.

Also, Radiolab is a great one. I definitely recommend giving it another shot.
    Yeah, understandable. I guess for me, I already have enough other podcasts that I enjoy that more than fulfill my podcasting appetite. I just feel like I'm missing out on some that would also be enriching. Speeding them up would let me listen to more.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Yeah, understandable. I guess for me, I already have enough other podcasts that I enjoy that more than fulfill my podcasting appetite. I just feel like I'm missing out on some that would also be enriching. Speeding them up would let me listen to more.
    I can understand that point of view. For me, I have a fairly long daily commute, so I don't think I'll be running out of time to listen to podcasts anytime soon. I also have started aggressively culling the list of podcasts that I subscribe, too. That helps minimize the "I have to listen to that now" pressure.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    If I didn't subscribe to Sirius XM, I would listen to more podcasts. I listen to podcasts on runs so speeding them up helps a little.