Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What podcasts are you listening to?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    And for just nerds in general, I really like 99% Invisible.

I'm sure these have been mentioned before but what the hell? I thought I'd mention them again.
    +1 for 99% invisible.

Also, at running the risk of being redundant as well--- Stuff You Should Know and Reply All are always at the top of my list of favorite podcasts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Joe Rogan's podcast has been excellent lately. Bret Weinstein, the now-famous professor from Evergreen State College and Sebastian Junger, a NYT writer (former foreign correspondent who made the documentary Restrepo) talking about his new book Tribe were both on in the past couple weeks.

Rogan seems most known for his MMA involvement and controversy over his standup routines, but he's a very good interviewer and seems to have a broad knowledge base to interact intelligently with his guests.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)
    Thanks for this @burban. I was not aware that Junger has a new book out. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading his other novels and will have to see if the most recent one is at the library.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Thanks for this @burban. I was not aware that Junger has a new book out. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading his other novels and will have to see if the most recent one is at the library.
    I guess it's not brand new, came out just about a year ago. I've read his reporting and seen Restrepo, but never read his books. He also just finished a documentary for NatGeo about Syria and ISIS that I'm definitely going to check out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Pod Save America. Politics with former Obama staffers, but with lots of swearing. Basically my liberal support group.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)
    Anyone been listening to Alice Isn't Dead? I thought the first seasons was decent but my interest is starting to wane this season. Interested to see what others think/have to say.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPD Revised View Post
    I haven't seen any new Embedded episodes in awhile, but that's my favorite podcast. I'm also a fan of The Ezra Klein Show and BackStory, the latter of which I just started listening to again. I've listened to one episode apiece of Reveal and The Art of Manliness, but I think those are gonna make it into the regular rotation.

Has anyone listened to Revolutions or Waking Up with Sam Harris? I'm gonna check those out as well.

I'm just skimming the thread, and searched for "Sam Harris" and found this. I'm a fan. It will be interesting to see what his app looks like when it comes out.

ETA - Thanks @DocDave - I'm going to check out On Time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Waking Up with Sam Harris is absolutely fantastic. I can't say enough good things about this one. Sam has to be the clearest thinking and most well spoken person I have ever heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)
    @carlitos That and The HourTime Podcast are pretty good, non-watch snobbery podcasts. At least for my listening they seem to be pretty good.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I added the Undiscovered podcast after hearing The Waste Book on Planet Money. It is another science-related podcast. It is well done. Another keeper, I think.