Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: What podcasts are you listening to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I've been thoroughly enjoying More Perfect. Its a Radiolab spinoff about the US Supreme Court. It's pretty new- just a couple of episodes, but so far its been great.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    I'm out for Between the Wires. Tried to listen to the most recent episode and just couldn't. Shame too, since I really enjoy(ed) Alice Isn't Dead and Welcome to Nightvale.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by branded_in_Bama View Post
    I've been thoroughly enjoying More Perfect. Its a Radiolab spinoff about the US Supreme Court. It's pretty new- just a couple of episodes, but so far its been great.
    Yep. I've been listening to More Perfect, too, and I think it's quite nice. I also have been listening to the second season of Invisibilia. Probably my favorite podcast of all time.

Other podcasts I listen to regularly - Stuff You Should Know, Generation Why, Thinking Sideways (but I'm kinda getting ready to jump ship on this one...), How To Do Everything, and Radiolab. One of the guys from Generation Why also has a new side project podcast - The Peripheral. It's pretty good. Six episodes in, and I still like it.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    I think Radiolab is one of the better podcasts out there. Absolutely love it. I'm not listening to More Perfect though as, well, I'm not living in the US...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I think Radiolab is one of the better podcasts out there. Absolutely love it. I'm not listening to More Perfect though as, well, I'm not living in the US...
    While I think More Perfect resonates more with an American audience, I think some episodes might appeal to a broader audience. If you find yourself with nothing else to listen to, I encourage you to try More Perfect. It's really well done. My wife (who I can fairly say has extremely limited interest in the United States Supreme Court) really enjoyed the "Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl" episode which discusses how a birth father (who had signed away his parental rights) was able to take a child away from her adoptive parents.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    I think radiolab has been abandoning their science related topics lately for some reason. It is starting to become another "this American life". I like it still (and I like TAL as well), but it's kind of a bummer because I really liked how they approached stories in the past.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha King View Post
    I think radiolab has been abandoning their science related topics lately for some reason. It is starting to become another "this American life". I like it still (and I like TAL as well), but it's kind of a bummer because I really liked how they approached stories in the past.
    Yeah, it's been some years since they were strictly science-focused. I think they kind of rebranded to being "about curiosity." Obviously, that would give them a lot of leeway.

They could have always been defined as about curiosity and I may have missed it in. I definitely was blown away by their earliest podcasts that were exclusively science-focused. I still like what they are doing, but they are no longer killing it every time for me.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    For the photo geeks in the crowd, I really enjoy So You Want to be a Photographer with Gina Malica. The ones from Improve Photography are pretty good too.

TMann
    Currently listening to:

- The Art of Charm
    - The Art of Manliness
    - EconTalk
    - A bunch of Christian podcasts

I also do a lot of audio books. Except for listening to sports radio during football season (Go Hawks!) I've basically stopped listening to the radio.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    Just started listening to Drama of the Week from BBC Radio 4 and am enjoying it quite a bit.

I'll have to look in to The Art of Charm. Is it at all like the Art of Manliness? I find that podcast can be hit or miss at times. Which is ok, I just skip the ones that 'miss'.