Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: What podcasts are you listening to?

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)
    Just started listening to The Message. The podcast is about a declassified radio transmission from the 1940s. The audio has been kicked around by gov't types for a while now trying to decrypt the message within. I've only started it, but so far it seems interesting.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I mainly listen to comedy podcasts now. I used to have a ton of podcasts in my feed but had to cut it down to only the ones I felt most connected to.

-Comedy Bang Bang
    -How Did This Get Made?
    -James Bonding
    -Men in Blazers
    -Pistol Shrimps Radio (two improv comedians do play-by-play for a womens recreational basketball team in los angeles)
    -Spontaneanation with Paul F Tompkins (whether I listen depends on the guests)
    -Superego (improv comedy with production values)
    -The Art of Manliness (4+ months ago I listened to 2 episodes that changed my way of thinking and potentially my life, yet I haven't listened to any since... It's weird how everyone in this thread wants to listen, but rarely does.)
    -The Dead Authors Podcast
    -Worst Idea of All Time (two comedians from NZ watched Grown Ups 2 every week for a year)

Some old podcasts that I'll still go back and listen to are:
    -The Thrilling Adventure Hour
    -The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project (8 episode spin-off of Comedy Bang Bang)
    -The Pod F Tompkast

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)
    Just found Imaginary Worlds. The podcast is dedicated to sci-fi, superheroes, fairy tales and other fantasy genres. The description doesn't really do the podcast justice, but it hits the high spots for me.

BTW I ditched The Message. Wasn't really doing much for me.

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)
    The Leap. A very cool podcast about inventions that originated for one thing (like a new source of rubber for tyres) only to be used for something completely different (like silly putty instead of tyres).

The land where squirrels work office jobs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Revolutions podcast by Mike Duncan. If you havent listened to his history of rome podcast, it is highly recommended

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)
    New Serial podcast is out!!! No idea what the story line is, but I noticed the new podcast had been downloaded this morning. Based on much I enjoyed last year's Serial, here's hoping this one is just as good.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    New Serial podcast is out!!! No idea what the story line is, but I noticed the new podcast had been downloaded this morning. Based on much I enjoyed last year's Serial, here's hoping this one is just as good.
    Bowe Bergdahl, the Army soldier who walked off his base on a report outpost and found/was captured by the Taliban.

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)
    @burban I just finished with the first chapter of the podcast. Not bad. Kind of reminded me of John Krakauer's book Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @burban I just finished with the first chapter of the podcast. Not bad. Kind of reminded me of John Krakauer's book Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman.
    I just picked that book up in a used bookstore over Thanksgiving. Looks fascinating.

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1443 Post(s)
    The book is excellent. I look forward to hearing what your thoughts are. Cheers.