Thread: Kabaccha Shoes Kickstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kabaccha Shoes Kickstarter

I found about Kabaccha Shoes on Kickstarter. I am thinking of picking up a pair and am interested if anyone has any thoughts or more information on the brand.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ern-dress-shoe

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    It's not really in line with the Dappered aesthetic (the soles), and I'd love to hear more about the constructions before I even thought of endorsing it. It seems like another shoe company just looking to take my money with a mediocre product.

also, first post on Feb 2015, pretty suspicious

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)
    Those would be cool if you enjoy LSD.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Frankly I like the age-old boring black dress shoe. But the price point seems reasonable for a blake-welted, ??quality, non-leather soled shoe. They don't seem to be overpromising too hard (except maybe on the 'subtle' part, lord these are anything but) at around $150-180. If you like the Suit Supply shoe aesthetic but don't want to pay the $300-400 I guess these are an option. Reminds me of some of the Florsheim Duckie Brown collection I guess. These aren't work-friendly shoes for serious work environments, and honestly you have no clue about the level of product or customer service you'll receive with any kickstarter purchase, which is part of what always throws me off (you know, along with "buzzword buzzword buzzword SAVINGS CUT OUT THE MIDDLEMAN buzzword") from any kickstarter purchase.

Also, Featured In: Publications that SOUND like things you've heard of or read but actually aren't.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    389 Post(s)
    I tend not to buy clothes that would violate sumptry laws, so no ermine capes or red heeled shoes.

I mean this as an earnest warning to people who think these shoes are modern anti-establishment. However, people will think you are rich and tasteless, showing off you are rich and tasteless. Remember what happened when the Pope wore red shoes.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1404 Post(s)
    I could see them being successful in some kind of rave/hipster way. The soles alone look like they would shine quite well under a black light.
    Last edited by DocDave; February 26th, 2015 at 02:13 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Wow. Those soles. 805 people out there who like really like to peacock through their shoes. I wouldn't wear these, even if they were made with the skin of unicorns and stitched with gold. If I did, I feel like I would probably be wearing a cape...or a track suit with gold chains speaking with an eastern euro accent...

And this is just the silliest photo. *edit* Won't let me link to the photo for some reason...anyways...it's the dude holding the shoe in his mouth with his teeth. Ugh.
    Last edited by Matchbook; February 26th, 2015 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    I remember that colorful sole thing having a moment (or, trying to) back in 2011 or 2012, when Mark McNairy sold a bunch of wingtips and loafers and such with this type of loud sole. I seem to recall a few spreads in GQ featuring such things, but then they started regularly appearing on Gilt and other flash sale sites pretty quickly, which led me to believe the fever was breaking. Apparently, the style lives on in some places. I don't have nice things to say here, so I'm going to stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the comments. I'm holding off for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake101 View Post
    also, first post on Feb 2015, pretty suspicious
    long time listener, first time caller

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    People will buy anything these days