Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dappered Approved Phone Case?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

Dappered Approved Phone Case?

I just upgraded to an iPhone 6. Any recommendations on a phone case that isn't too clunky & still a little bit stylish? Simple is better, don't really like the "checkbook" style ones. Thanks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    I don't know how pavement-proof an iPhone is, but I drop my phone, I dunno, about once a year and it never results in significant damage. So, I'm counting on my lucky star and go case-less. Actually, most regular smart phones are just too large and heavy, last time I replaced my phone, I went with a Mini Droid, smaller than my previous phone.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hex case.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)
    Function over form. No need for a "stylish" phone case. I'm a huge otterbox fan. The thickest one they make defender. It's flown out of my car and landed square on the pavement without a problem. Something that works is more important than style. I would recommend a sturdy case in a plain color. Black, grey, or navy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjn082 View Post
    I just upgraded to an iPhone 6. Any recommendations on a phone case that isn't too clunky & still a little bit stylish? Simple is better, don't really like the "checkbook" style ones. Thanks.
    I ran into the same problem as you. I wanted a stylish case that could hold my subway card and work-building access card; checkbook wallet cases were out of the question.

I eventually found this gem and bought it. The leather is of nice quality, and it feels great in my hands. It looks amazing.

http://www.shophex.com/shop/cases/ip...-brown-leather

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I bought the apple one. It provides a better grip than the naked phone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I got a natural leather case on Steven Alan. Very clean, and if it's going to be something I carry with me every second of every day, I might as well be developing a patina on it!

Love the hex one though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    I've seen too many phones dropped and easily shattered. I use a lifeproof case. I can and literally do swim with my phone in my pocket. As much as I love the look of a handsome wooden or leather case, the peace of mind is worth a small sacrifice in style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    When I was using my Iphone 5S, I used the Sena Lugano Wallet Case, which had a sueded interior, and excellent leather. Their version for the 6 can be seen here:

http://www.senacases.com/product/lug...llet-iphone-6/

However, I feel like all snap-on cases scratch the sides a little bit whenever you put them on or take them off, and they don't let the design of the phone show through. Therefore, when I go the 6, I got the Spigen Air Cushion, which gives some decent protection while showing off the Iphones beautiful backside. A cool thing about it too is that when the LED's go off in a dark room, the entire case gets illuminated because of how clear it is!

http://www.amazon.com/Spigen%C2%AE-C...4067763&sr=8-8

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1158 Post(s)
    Personally, I take my phone out of my pocket way too often to want a wallet case. I go with form over function here as well. Big fan of the commuter otter box but also had good luck with the Cygnett WorkMate. The edging keeps some distance from your screen and whatever surface you put/drop it on. So when it goes skidding across the pavement face down the screen isnt touching it.