Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mission Belt - Any Good?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I'm not saying our Trakline ratchet belt is superior to a "Giant Grip" belt, which you seem to be somewhat vested in... I'm just saying that ratchet belts have a few advantages over regular belts - they give a precise, secure fit and you can change out buckles and leathers. I also understand that you don't agree with that - but you've never tried a ratchet belt. I have owned and worn a grip belt before - and they slip over the course of a day, if you do anything besides stand still. But you have all the right to your opinion, as do I. I'll file yours under "off track", as this thread was begun around ratchet belts. Since I am vested - here's another shameless plug... our customers love our belts and you can see the collection at http://www.KoreEssentials.com or at Amazon.com

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Kozak View Post
    I'm not saying our Trakline ratchet belt is superior to a "Giant Grip" belt, which you seem to be somewhat vested in... I'm just saying that ratchet belts have a few advantages over regular belts - they give a precise, secure fit and you can change out buckles and leathers. I also understand that you don't agree with that - but you've never tried a ratchet belt. I have owned and worn a grip belt before - and they slip over the course of a day, if you do anything besides stand still. But you have all the right to your opinion, as do I.
    I walk several miles a day. it's a mile each way to the bus, and I am up and down all day at work. Today I ran a quarter mile, between buildings just because it was too damned cold to walk. I frequently lift 50 pound objects in the course of my normal life. When stacking pellets I will carry 50 40 pound bags down the basement stairs in the course of a couple hours. So I wouldn't say I just stand still, I'm confident in saying that my belt does not slip. Precise secure fit? Check! Are all grip belts equal? Probably not, but mine works fine.

I have 2 different buckles which I can easily switch out onto the belt I have, a generic 1" belt blank which I bought for $10 from a leather supplier and dyed to my taste. I could also put either of these buckles or any of the hundreds of other interesting buckles I see at antique stores and on ebay and etsy for $5-$15 on any standard 1" leather belt, or even a 1.25" belt if I modify the buckle end slightly. Change out buckles and leathers? Check.

I understand you feel your product offers some advantages over regular belts, but I don't actually see anything lacking in conventional belts. In my 44 years of doing a great deal more than standing still I have never had a conventional belt of any kind fail in any way, and I have some belts that I've worn regularly for over 20 years. I have some vintage ones that are likely older than I am. If it is "misguided" to think that a simple device that works perfectly 100 percent of the time for decades on end is not in need of improvement, then I shall remain blissfully ignorant.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    This all got WAY less than interesting in a hurry. I've deleted the off-topic posts and left what I consider the useful, on-topic ones, without deleting the less useful material within them; I'm trying to err on the side of leaving posts alone, while not letting things devolve into pure argument. If you have an issue with any of the above, PM me. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mission Belts are poor quality belts. I purchased 2 and both broke. Contacting Mission customer service was a waste of time — they accused me of being a scammer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    UPDATE - BROKEN MISSION BELTS
    I purchased 2 Mission Belts. Both broke through normal use. The buckle fell apart on one. The belt on the other wore away making it unwearable. Mission makes their belts in China and apparently they have a synthetic lining and are not genuine leather. I didn’t know about their 1-year warranty. Both belts broke within the first year. I recently contacted Mission. With every email, I received a reply from different person. Very annoying re: continuity. They required pictures as proof, which I understand. My original belt was thrown out a while ago, so I couldn’t send a photo. They likened me to a scammer. Wow! So I was going nowhere with that broken belt. The second belt took me some time to dig up a photo — when I sent it to them, the warranty had expired days before. They were not willing to honor the warranty. A manager also doubled down on the decision to not honor the warranty — they have a no exception policy!! Wow! Poor policy. Terrible customer service. And poor quality belts to begin with. My mistake was buying from Mission Belts in the first place. On the official company chat, I asked Mission client support person (Kim) if, as a consumer, she felt the company’s decision was fair — she very rudely said, and I quote, “I know who you are” and refused to reply. Would not answer my questions any further. Brutal customer service! As a paying customer having 2 bad experiences, I cannot recommend Mission Belts.