Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brief Comparison Review of JCF, JCrew, Bar III and Spier and Mackay Suits

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cal86 View Post
    I like the look of the Spier and Mackay suits but the 6" drop doesn't work for me being a 44R jacket and 34" in pants.
    I'm sure Rick will sub out any pant's size you need.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmacy View Post
    I'm sure Rick will sub out any pant's size you need.
    That'd work out great. I have a wedding coming up in July where I have to get a plane ticket, hotel, etc. and I've really become a bean counter to get my finances in order.

If I could get a good suit at a decent price it would really be huge.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boys Husky View Post
    Does Spier and Mackay typically run promos? I'm interested in one of their suits, but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay $398 considering how infrequently I'd wear it. I'd also likely take a closer look at SuitSupply at that price point.
    Promos are usually end of season on what's left odds/ends. Mind you our pricing in in CAD, so $398 works out to $315 USD right now. T

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cal86 View Post
    If that's the case, then even more reason to check into it further.
    yes, as long as the size is in stock, we can sub trousers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by axedatta View Post
    I just wanted to chime in. I just received my Spier and Mackay grey birdseye suit (contemporary fit) yesterday. The jacket fits almost perfect, and the quality feels on par with a SS Napoli. Light padding, light canvassing, and great material!

The pants however, are very narrow in the thigh and ankle. There is room in the waist to probably let out 2 inches or so, but I hardly see any material to let out in the seat or thighs. This is also the contemporary fit which is supposed to be roomier than the slim (I cant even imagine how that fits) I sent an email to Spier and Mackay seeing if I can sub out the pants for a larger size. Will update you all once if I get a reply or once I have the suit tailored.
    Did you email CS? We can get you a new trouser. There is a difference of a full inch between the Slim and Contemporary through the seat and thight. The leg is a bit more generous as well. I'll have to check the specs on the ones you send back.

Rick

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay: Rick, just wanted to say kudos to your company for what I have seen to be fantastic customer service. I purchased my second oxford cloth button-down from you yesterday (unfortunately I took a chance on a smaller size with my first and found after a couple of wearings that it just wasn't going to work). Anyway, although I just ordered it yesterday, it was really nice to get a personal call from Samira updating me that the one I ordered was being returned from the photographer and would be shipped tomorrow. With other retailers it can be days and days while you wait on notice of shipment. I just wanted to say thanks, and it's great to have a new affordable option for menswear that offers quality products and great customer service to boot. I hope you stay active on this forum in the future!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrown View Post
    @SpierMackay: Rick, just wanted to say kudos to your company for what I have seen to be fantastic customer service. . . . I hope you stay active on this forum in the future!
    +1. I'll add that I love the space that S&M is filling. IMHO, way nicer than BR or even JCrew, but much cheaper than the step up to Howard Yount, Epaulet, etc.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrown View Post
    @SpierMackay: Rick, just wanted to say kudos to your company for what I have seen to be fantastic customer service. I purchased my second oxford cloth button-down from you yesterday (unfortunately I took a chance on a smaller size with my first and found after a couple of wearings that it just wasn't going to work). Anyway, although I just ordered it yesterday, it was really nice to get a personal call from Samira updating me that the one I ordered was being returned from the photographer and would be shipped tomorrow. With other retailers it can be days and days while you wait on notice of shipment. I just wanted to say thanks, and it's great to have a new affordable option for menswear that offers quality products and great customer service to boot. I hope you stay active on this forum in the future!
    That means a lot! Thank you. We try to run this company the same way we would like to be treated as customers. We know all too well what it's like being on the other side. In fact, CS to us is equally as important, if not more so that than the products we sell. We may not be perfect, but we work really hard to do the best we can.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpierMackay View Post
    Did you email CS? We can get you a new trouser. There is a difference of a full inch between the Slim and Contemporary through the seat and thight. The leg is a bit more generous as well. I'll have to check the specs on the ones you send back.

Rick
    Yes, and Lovleen was helpful. She has put aside a grey birdseye in 34 contemporary fit to be exchanged. I shipped my pants back yesterday to you guys, should reach you in 5-9 business days .

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    @SpierMackay
    It looks like I'm between 36 and 38 in your slim suits. Would you recommend going to 36 contemporary?
    I'm a 36S in both Ludlow and Thompson.
    Last edited by ImagePree; February 26th, 2015 at 03:42 PM.