Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Black lapel inquiry

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

    Black lapel inquiry

    I've recently been obsessed with the blue charcoals...

    http://www.blacklapel.com/suits/soli...coal-blue.html

    http://www.blacklapel.com/suits/soli...coal-blue.html

    I've never purchased from BL before. Do they ever run promos/codes? Is there a time (ie- black friday) when stuff goes on sale? I'd rather not blindly pull the trigger full price, so I figured I'd ask the experts.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    They rarely run promos/codes. I'm not sure what they did for Black Friday this last year, but in the years before that you can get a promo for a $50 gift card. I have the solid Light Blue Charcoal, great color.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somaticmarker1 View Post
    They rarely run promos/codes. I'm not sure what they did for Black Friday this last year, but in the years before that you can get a promo for a $50 gift card. I have the solid Light Blue Charcoal, great color.
    Any chance you have a pic on hand? Im always curious to see how things differ from the website glamour shots

  4. #4
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mahanna View Post
    Any chance you have a pic on hand? Im always curious to see how things differ from the website glamour shots
    Don't have a pic on hand, but I can attest the picture on the website is true to color.

  5. #5
    Junior Member jrdave2304's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I can only comment on their promo codes (or lack thereof) as I haven't pulled the trigger on one of their suits... yet.

    They don't really run promos (I'm on their email list). Their best Black Friday deal this year was buy a gift card and receive a 40% bonus. On Cyber Monday they ran the same thing, except 20%, but only because their Black Friday deal sold out much quicker than they anticipated. They also had some other deals that weekend: buy a suit, get a shirt free and buy two shirts, get a silk knit tie free.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I also love these colors but those buttons are killing me. There is a similar one from J Crew (https://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/T...3425/11707.jsp) that is a bit more expensive but they run promo codes fairly often. It might end up being cheaper and I think it looks better

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Burke, VA
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    As jrdave said, the only sale\promo they run all year around is black Fri and cyber Mon, but they are really good deals. I got the free shirt with a suit purchase deal for black Fri - $125 value.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdave2304 View Post
    I can only comment on their promo codes (or lack thereof) as I haven't pulled the trigger on one of their suits... yet.

    They don't really run promos (I'm on their email list). Their best Black Friday deal this year was buy a gift card and receive a 40% bonus. On Cyber Monday they ran the same thing, except 20%, but only because their Black Friday deal sold out much quicker than they anticipated. They also had some other deals that weekend: buy a suit, get a shirt free and buy two shirts, get a silk knit tie free.
    Wow. 40%. I guess that settles it, I can wait. Even 20% is a huge boon.

    Thanks!

  9. #9
    Dappered Veteran shad0w4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    1,483
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mahanna View Post
    Wow. 40%. I guess that settles it, I can wait. Even 20% is a huge boon.

    Thanks!
    I don't remember seeing such a deal at all. They tend to give $50 off or whatever on black friday, %40 off I can't imagine as they have never done anything even close to that on any BF I've seen, heck %20 wasn't even in the picture.

    I had one of their suits, it was great, right up there with Dragon Inside for MTM experience.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •