Thread: Black lapel inquiry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Black lapel inquiry

I've recently been obsessed with the blue charcoals...

http://www.blacklapel.com/suits/soli...coal-blue.html

http://www.blacklapel.com/suits/soli...coal-blue.html

I've never purchased from BL before. Do they ever run promos/codes? Is there a time (ie- black friday) when stuff goes on sale? I'd rather not blindly pull the trigger full price, so I figured I'd ask the experts.

Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    They rarely run promos/codes. I'm not sure what they did for Black Friday this last year, but in the years before that you can get a promo for a $50 gift card. I have the solid Light Blue Charcoal, great color.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somaticmarker1 View Post
    They rarely run promos/codes. I'm not sure what they did for Black Friday this last year, but in the years before that you can get a promo for a $50 gift card. I have the solid Light Blue Charcoal, great color.
    Any chance you have a pic on hand? Im always curious to see how things differ from the website glamour shots

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mahanna View Post
    Any chance you have a pic on hand? Im always curious to see how things differ from the website glamour shots
    Don't have a pic on hand, but I can attest the picture on the website is true to color.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I can only comment on their promo codes (or lack thereof) as I haven't pulled the trigger on one of their suits... yet.

They don't really run promos (I'm on their email list). Their best Black Friday deal this year was buy a gift card and receive a 40% bonus. On Cyber Monday they ran the same thing, except 20%, but only because their Black Friday deal sold out much quicker than they anticipated. They also had some other deals that weekend: buy a suit, get a shirt free and buy two shirts, get a silk knit tie free.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I also love these colors but those buttons are killing me. There is a similar one from J Crew (https://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/T...3425/11707.jsp) that is a bit more expensive but they run promo codes fairly often. It might end up being cheaper and I think it looks better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    As jrdave said, the only sale\promo they run all year around is black Fri and cyber Mon, but they are really good deals. I got the free shirt with a suit purchase deal for black Fri - $125 value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdave2304 View Post
    I can only comment on their promo codes (or lack thereof) as I haven't pulled the trigger on one of their suits... yet.

They don't really run promos (I'm on their email list). Their best Black Friday deal this year was buy a gift card and receive a 40% bonus. On Cyber Monday they ran the same thing, except 20%, but only because their Black Friday deal sold out much quicker than they anticipated. They also had some other deals that weekend: buy a suit, get a shirt free and buy two shirts, get a silk knit tie free.
    Wow. 40%. I guess that settles it, I can wait. Even 20% is a huge boon.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Mahanna View Post
    Wow. 40%. I guess that settles it, I can wait. Even 20% is a huge boon.

Thanks!
    I don't remember seeing such a deal at all. They tend to give $50 off or whatever on black friday, %40 off I can't imagine as they have never done anything even close to that on any BF I've seen, heck %20 wasn't even in the picture.

I had one of their suits, it was great, right up there with Dragon Inside for MTM experience.