Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Experiences with hair thinning?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc999 View Post
    Late to the party here, but here's where I'm at on this situation. Curently 25, slowly balding since 17. Still have decent hair except up front - which is starting to get pretty obvious and far back. Going to go for the Jason Statham "fuzz" hair cut over completely shaved when it comes time (probably sometime this year). I feel like if I shave my head completely I need some sort of facial hair, which I haven't yet experimented with. Agree / disagree?
    I can't say whether you should or shouldn't grow facial hair since I haven't taken the plunge yet myself, but I'm thinking along the same lines. I plan to keep some stubble when I do shave my head. If you go the facial hair route, I recommend the Conair iStubble. It's great for keeping a little stubble and making it look natural, but not unkempt.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    @Marc999 I shave my head and feel that I might look too much like I am undergoing chemotherapy if I don't have the facial hair.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Cheers for the advice and your opinion. If stubble is allowed at work (policy reads along the lines of "clean and groomed facial hair is allowed"), I'll go with a permanent ~2-3 day beard and just keep the lines neat and trimmed.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akosmowski View Post
    @Marc999 I shave my head and feel that I might look too much like I am undergoing chemotherapy if I don't have the facial hair.
    I feel like with my body build (6'1" 170lbs.) and being fair-skinned, I'd look like a male body part below the belt if I were to go with clean shaven and shaved head. I guess it's splitting hairs at that point if it's worse to be mistaken for terminally ill or a "Richard". Facial hair of some sort it is.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc999 View Post
    I feel like with my body build (6'1" 170lbs.) and being fair-skinned, I'd look like a male body part below the belt if I were to go with clean shaven and shaved head. I guess it's splitting hairs at that point if it's worse to be mistaken for terminally ill or a "Richard". Facial hair of some sort it is.
    Despite taking shaving cream and razor to my head twice a week for almost 15 years, I haven't done the same on my face in years. I keep a permanent stubble for the exact reasons mentioned here (I actually blend a few different lengths to give it a more natural look). From an aesthetic standpoint it makes sense too. If you consider your head/face a palette, without some facial hair, that palette is just blank. I also wear glasses and even though I'll get called a hipster sometimes (my students are keen on this descriptor) I insist on thicker, darker glasses because when combined with neat stubble, they provide visual balance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hair loss, also known as baldness refers to excessive hair loss from scalp and can be the result of heredity, certain medications or an underlying medical condition.

It is normal to shed some hair each day as part of a cycle of growing new hairs and loosing some.
    However, some people may experience excessive hair loss which might cause baldness.
    Hair loss of this type can affect men, women and children.

So now that we know what it is, we need to know how to deal with it. For that I added a few natural remedies you can try:

1. Yemeni med: Soak fenugreek (Hilba) in deep pot of water throughout the night. Massage the liquid into the scalp and wrap with a cloth for 3 hours. Repeat everyday for 1 month.

2. Massage the scalp with uncooked egg yolk, leave for 1 hour and wash.

3. Smear Red Henna on the scalp and wait for 1 hour, then wash, Repeat for 10-14 days. Be ware- your hair will turn red from the henna! Henna not only makes your hair soft and beautiful but It also helps to get rid of hair loss. So If you're wondering how to get rid of lice , just try henna therapy.

4. Smear castor oil on the scalp and the hair roots but not on the hair, wrap the hair with a newspaper, tie with a cloth and leave overnight, wash in the morning. Repeat every 7-10 days (results will come after 6-7 treatments).

5. Boil 1 cup of water, add 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds, cook for 5 minutes, cool and drink.
    6. Blanch scented geranium leaves in boiling water, strain, cool and use to wash the hair.

7. Rub olive oil into the scalp to reduce hair loss.

8. Boil rosemary leaves in water, strain and save the liquid in a glass bottle. Use to wash the hair every day. You can also put the rosemary water in a sprayer and spray the hair every morning.