Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you want? Custom summer clothing

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer24 View Post
    Short sleeves blazer with some matching short in linen cotton.
    Are we talking, like, literally a blazer with short sleeves? Like t-shirt status?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Have a Jcrew unlined cotton jacket...only heard negative things about it, so I'm hesitant to recommend cotton blazers etc. If you can replicate the cotton linen blend that Suit Supply does for their pants, huge points there, less wrinkles but feels amazing, the linen wrinkles have kept me away from trying a summer time fabric suit.

Also looking at your site your Midnight Navy tux has a peak lapel jacket and your details say Shawl.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    Unlined tropical wool blazer or SC.
    Navy seersucker blazer / suit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    MTM shorts would be awesome.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Something cool that doesn't wrinkle. I have a blue hopsack blazer that is a godsend when visiting customers somewhere warm. So a second vote on a hopsack, especially if it is wearable to work. Cut it long enough that it doesn't look like a matador lost his jacket. Colour can be more summery though - I like a lighter colour in warmer weather.

Cotton blazers sound good but in practice I don't find I wear them in the summer as they are too casual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Spoken by one who suffers 365 days of sweltering summer heat and humidity and doesn't get a chance to be dandy often.

Navy wool blazer in tropical wool with large lapels. Rayon/bamboo lining.

Tan herringbone cotton/linen blend sportcoat with flapped patch waist pockets (with an inverse pleat) and a jetted top pocket. Extra points if it has an action back and "belt". Natural shoulders, leather buttons and edge stitching (imagine a tropical norfolk/hunting sports coat). I tried having this tailored once on the cheap when I was in China but they weren't able to make one without a fused front.

Stone colored chinos

Medium and light grey oxford cloth pants

100000000 X trim fitting seersucker shirts with box back pleats and tall button down collars. Have them in white, blue university stripe, pink, light blue.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hey guys, this is incredibly thoughtful and amazing feedback!

I'm just going to play back a few of the things you guys are saying.

In terms of materials, there's heart for a tropical weight wool, a linen blend and seersucker.

In terms of construction, of course looking for something unstructured or partially lined.

In terms of design elements, patch pockets are feeling pretty good. And interest in gray/blue for colors with textural details.

And other neat things folks have mentioned include MTM waistcoats, short-sleeve blazers and shorts.

Amazing input guys. You'll be the first to know when we're in a good place to share where we land! If you DM me, I can put you on an exclusive mailing list for sneak peeks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Shh... don't tell anyone...

Hey guys, this is the only place that we're sharing what our summer collection will be like. We're shooting it this Thursday, so will launch about a week afterward.

We'll be carrying a set of lightweight cotton and linen suits, de-constructed with 1/4 lining. It will be a mix of patch pocket and fold pockets. Additionally, we'll be introducing custom shorts! Should be quite a bit of fun.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    @suitable Thanks for the heads up, Ray. Sounds like an exciting lineup and it is awesome that ya'll are listening to customer feedback.

Any word on fit/pricing for the shorts?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperTexan View Post
    @suitable Thanks for the heads up, Ray. Sounds like an exciting lineup and it is awesome that ya'll are listening to customer feedback.

Any word on fit/pricing for the shorts?
    Great question! The fit of the shorts will be tapered and tailored, but not tight. The bottom of the shorts will hit above the knee cap. It walks the line between casual, yet classy.

We're still finalizing pricing so will have that soon! Good news is we'll have a pretty special launch pricing which will make it not really a concern More to come on that!