Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Himark Martin tailors

I have a friend who swears by them and they are coming to town next month but their online reviews are bad and their prices high (more than Coppley MTM which is made here in Canada).

Does anyone have an experience/opinion? As I can get Samuelsohn off the rack (which fits me without alterations) for the prices they are asking I am really wondering if they are worth looking at being an overseas operation.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    IMO not worth it if Samuelsohn fits you well OTR. I'm not sure if all Samuelsohn is fully canvassed, I know what they make for Epaulet is, but the Samuelsohn I've encountered is fantastic. I'd say you should only bother looking into MTM w/ this company if there's a particular fabric you want.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Thanks @LosRockets I was thinking the same thing - I was going to check them out anyways. I am always a bit wary of online reviews as it tends to only be unhappy customers who comment but my MTM experience has only been good from Coppley and bad from everyone else so I am always afraid of dropping a lot of cash to find out someone sucks. Usually the professionalism of the guy who runs the show is a good indication so I will check it out and see. There are some bad reviews on Styleforum so I'll certainly be careful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just read this thread. I know it is too late to reply but yes I have used them just recently again, my suits with them always fit me. I have tried their suits in cloth by Zegna also at £1200 it was an great deal then for a Australian merino trofeo not sure how much they charge now. Worth a try, cheers!!