Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: warm weather blazer, with which pants?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

warm weather blazer, with which pants?

Hey guys,

I'm packing for an upcoming long weekend trip to escape and get some warm weather and realized I have a problem. I have an Uniqlo unlined blue and white striped blazer that ive been itching to wear again and don't know what to pair with it, as the pants I used to wear with it are too tight for me now. I've worn it with Navy chinos in the past but I just tried them on and they are too tight to wear at the moment, maybe after i cut out this winter weight :/ The coat's no longer on their site but I just found a GQ feature on it http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq...lo-blazdr.html SO... got any ideas of what it would work with? I'll be wearing it to dinner, nothing too fancy or formal.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    Dark blue jeans, navy chinos, linen khaki/light brown trousers, white chinos/jeans.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Cream/off white would be my choice, ideally a cotton/linen blend. NOT Khaki. A light blue would also look nice. I think a light gray would blend too much and look like you're mismatching suit jacket/pants from afar. If you're feeling bold, a robin's egg blue can work but not my thing.

Edit: Was assuming you're going somewhere tropical.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    402 Post(s)
    The jacket in that article is grey, you said yours were blue and white.

I would suggest cutting all sugary drinks out of your diet and jogging daily.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    agreed with not khaki^

And yes i'm heading south to see some ocean and sand. My only concern with white pants is what i'm going to wear under the blazer then, as i've always worn a white shirt underneath, and i feel that would be too much white. So what would you recommend under the blazer if i wear the white pants?

For reference, I do have off-white linen blend pants, and also red, light blue, and khaki pants that are options, and then there's always jeans.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryn View Post
    The jacket in that article is grey, you said yours were blue and white.

I would suggest cutting all sugary drinks out of your diet and jogging daily.
    ...awkward...
    they sold it in gray and light blue, I have the light blue style. It looks exactly the same except instead of gray stripes it has blue stripes.

And thank you for the help, I have cut out most sugary drinks now the holidays are over and am doing interval training, I just know that I wont fit back into my pants until after my trip unless i go on a crash-diet, which i'm not willing to do just to fit into a pair of pants.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    402 Post(s)
    Pack them all, and then wear whichever one fits your mood.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    If you go tieless and want contrast I think this would be an excellent time for a navy shirt, not like some weird clubby shirt but ideally a rumply linen one. Sky blue OCBD would also work. I do think you're right that a white dress shirt would look odd with the off-white linen pants. If you have a white ocbd/linen buttondown I'd use that, worn tieless, with this sportcoat and light blue pants. A ribbon or cotton web belt or a woven leather belt and (+/- suede) loafers or suede bucks would tie the look up nicely.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryn View Post
    Pack them all, and then wear whichever one fits your mood.
    I'd rather not pack them all as i'm only bringing a carry-on suitcase, but I may just take the white and red and a pair of jeans and see which I want. My question still does stand about what shirt i should wear if I'm wearing the white pants, as i dont want to be all-white-everythin'

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    402 Post(s)
    It isn't this jacket is it?