Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)

Transparent Discussion on Dappered Threads' Moderation

Quote Originally Posted by sierra.alpha View Post
    I open the deals thread, and I see deals for $400 and $500 shoes and boots...that must mean either we are definitely out of recession, or we are heading back into one.
    Those types of things would usually get posted in the Fred's Finds thread but with Fred gone, no one posts there much anymore.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Those types of things would usually get posted in the Fred's Finds thread but with Fred gone, no one posts there much anymore.
    I would had I more time. Also, I miss the Ebay finds posts. That was fun.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Might have missed it. Where did Fred go?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Do Super Moderators get capes? Are they fully canvassed? What type of material are they made out of... not poly I hope? Is that all they're allowed to wear? Can Super Mods fly?
    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2051 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diversification View Post
    Do Super Moderators get capes? Are they fully canvassed? What type of material are they made out of... not poly I hope? Is that all they're allowed to wear? Can Super Mods fly?
    We get masks, not capes. They are fully canvassed, air-conditioned, custom-tailored by Tibetan sherpas of hand-plucked Himalayan yak wool, and dyed with the blood of mine enemies.
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diversification View Post
    The moderator uniform is too degrading to describe. And too revealing to share.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    I have been around this forum as long as almost anyone and I honestly don't care about the issue. I get annoyed w the newbie posts but I either make a helpful quick reply if I have time or just move on. This is a popular forum, not a secret clubhouse, so the great thing is there's always someone willing to help out. And while Fred is no longer allowed to post here, there are several other quite active members who, like myself, are willing to discuss and spend money on higher end or more obscure products. There was a bit of a vacuum for a little while but honestly...I don't think I'm missing anything. Then again I also read SF regularly so maybe that's why.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Transparency here is a total joke. Joe kills off things on the main site and tells nobody. Regulars are banned and nobody is told what happens. Search is convoluted and hidden to the point where it's useless. "Go use the search" makes me madder than anything. How? Search ONE TOPIC forum? Absolutely useless. Turn on the damned search that EVERY forum in the world uses. If that puts such a demand on the server, then someone needs a new $7 a month server.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelingJ View Post
    Transparency here is a total joke. Joe kills off things on the main site and tells nobody. Regulars are banned and nobody is told what happens. Search is convoluted and hidden to the point where it's useless. "Go use the search" makes me madder than anything. How? Search ONE TOPIC forum? Absolutely useless. Turn on the damned search that EVERY forum in the world uses. If that puts such a demand on the server, then someone needs a new $7 a month server.
    You do realize you're not entitled to information about site changes right? It may not be good a business choice but it's also not required. Search isn't great but it's usable in most situations. "Search ONE TOPIC forum?"....I assume you forgot a word in there. If it's the one I think it is then your frustration with search is probably the result of you not knowing how it works. If you want to search an entire section you have to do the search from the root of the section. A.K.A. the place where the list of threads/topics are located.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Transparency here is a total joke. Joe kills off things on the main site and tells nobody.
    The forum moderators are all volunteers. We're not paid to do this. Additionally, we don't have any input into the operation of Dappered.com.

Regulars are banned and nobody is told what happens.
    The reason that we haven't openly discussed moderating decisions in the past is that discussing another forum member's actions puts us in an ethically questionable position. I'm of the mindset that we should respect every member's privacy, even if they've been banned. That being said, we can try to share more in the future.

Search is convoluted and hidden to the point where it's useless. "Go use the search" makes me madder than anything. How? Search ONE TOPIC forum? Absolutely useless. Turn on the damned search that EVERY forum in the world uses. If that puts such a demand on the server, then someone needs a new $7 a month server.
    That is not something that we have control over. It does not, in fact, have anything to do with moderation. However, here you go. Bookmark this link.

Quote Originally Posted by JGL View Post
    You do realize you're not entitled to information about site changes right? It may not be good a business choice but it's also not required. Search isn't great but it's usable in most situations. "Search ONE TOPIC forum?"....I assume you forgot a word in there. If it's the one I think it is then your frustration with search is probably the result of you not knowing how it works. If you want to search an entire section you have to do the search from the root of the section. A.K.A. the place where the list of threads/topics are located.
    I might add that the moderators are not aware of site changes until they happen. Again, we're volunteers. We're readers of the main site just like you.